Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

99 SPORT - INSTALLING FACTORY SOUNDBAR

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lovemyjeep

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:46 am    Post subject: 99 SPORT - INSTALLING FACTORY SOUNDBAR Reply with quote

Hi all,

This is my first post! Just bought a 99 Sport, have wanted a Wrangler my whole life and LOVE it. I bought a factory soundbar off a guy with Sony Explode speakers and can't wait to hear how it sounds - only problem is that I can't seem to find the wiring in the Jeep that connects the wires from the soundbar. Also, the guy didn't sell me a wire harness so I would need to buy something to connect soundbar wire with speaker wire. Can anyone help me a) find wires in Jeep and b) tell me where to buy the connector wire?

THANKS!
Jiles111

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Sport had the Speaker bar (I think its included in the Sport Package)
The wires that run to the bar are actually tucked into the wrapping for the roll cage. It goes under the driver side door jam, to the bottom of the roll cage, then under the wrap, all the way to the apeaker bar.
Hope this helps Very Happy
http://bigcountryoff-road.com/
lovemyjeep

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see the wires - does anyone know where the wires may be in a Jeep that isn't wired for the soundbar since it didn't come with a factory soundbar installed?
Jiles111

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovemyjeep wrote:
I didn't see the wires - does anyone know where the wires may be in a Jeep that isn't wired for the soundbar since it didn't come with a factory soundbar installed?

Acording to Jeep, The Sport Models came with the speaker bar from the factory.
http://bigcountryoff-road.com/
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bet is that you are going to have to wire the sound bar into your radio harness. You'll probably have to run the wires yourself if you can find them. You should be able to pick some up from best buy or circuit sity.

My Morning Jacket
ehirner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Jeep didn't have a soundbar from the factory, I don't believe they are wired for it. Try contacting the people at www.jeepsareus.com and see if they have an additional harness.
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My '97 didn't have a soundbar, but I bought an OEM one off Leon Rosser(think they're defunct now, not that it matters, just like typing). Anyways, the bar came with the factory wiring. I ran it down the rollbar and under the carpet up to the driverside dash area. Under the instrument cluster was a socket for the soundbars plug. No fuss, no muss. Now, the location mighta changed depending on the year, but chances are it's still in there.
greenbean

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:57 am    Post subject: Soundbar Reply with quote

I had the same situation with my 98 TJ sport and what I ended up doing was snagging a hardtop harness off of ebay which includes the wiring for the soundbar. Plus if i get enough money to have a hardtop I can just put it on the harness wiring for the top is already there. One thing to be aware of is that if the soundbar is not OEM then you may have to cut the wires on both harnesses and get a male/female connector with the appropriate number of pins from radio shack. Very simple to do.

Will
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: