Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

replacing rear bumper

View previous topic :: View next topic  
newzj97jeeper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject: replacing rear bumper Reply with quote

I am looking at replacing both my bumpers before I have to. and I found the front which at this point will be an arb bull bar, but for the back I want something simular but I cant seem to find one. and I am hoping that everyone here could help me out.
viper24242

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found some sweet bumpers at trailready.com. They are kinda expensive but the look of the rear bumper looks so sweet to me.
Flowmaster 50
Rusty's air tube
Rusty's steering stabilizer
AEM throttle body spacer
120 amp alternator upgrade
Rusty's Tie Rod Conversion
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think KevinsJeepparts.com has front and rear bumpers...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
grocery getter 318

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just bought Kevins Off Road front and rear bumpers they were the best for price, quality and protection. Protofab4X4.com also has some nifty ones. the closest thing to an arb style that i have found is the Tomken and Trail Ready
nixt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: bumper Reply with quote

Kennesaw Mountain Accessories makes rear bumpers with tire swings, hi-lift and gas can holders, reciever hitches, cb antenna mounts, license plate relocators, multiple lighting options, and can turn the bumper into a giant air tank. They make these for just about any vehicle. The bumpers are made to order and seem to look a bit like the tomken offerings but the Kennesaw mountain offerings seem to be alot cheaper. Check it out at www.kenmtn.com . The rear bumper is called the multicarrier and the front bumper is called the wincher.
grocery getter 318

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that stuff is pretty cool nixt. is there anyone you know who has rocker protection other than Rustys, Kevins, Olympic, Rocky Road, and Tomken?
viper24242

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nixt, those are some awesome bumpers. I've been looking for a decent set of bumpers for a good price and they are awesome. Thanks!
Flowmaster 50
Rusty's air tube
AEM throttle body spacer
nixt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: bumpers Reply with quote

Here's the pricing info about the Kennesaw Mountain Accessories bumpers I received from an email I got back from them about a month ago.

The Multicarrier for your Jeep ZJ is $485 plus freight. This includes the bumper with "D" rings, mounting hardware, and tire carrier. Available options for the Multicarrier include a receiver hitch $65, jack carrier $25, CB antenna mount $10, gas can carriers (1 or 2) $35 each, license plate light and mount $25, and the bumper configured as an air tank $90. There are also several lighting options available for the Multicarrier as long as the air tank option is not selected. The bumper is available with a set of recessed backup lights $35. It is also available with a set of recessed turn/stop/marker lights $35 or with LED turn/stop/marker lights $115.

The Wincher for your ZJ is $380 plus freight. Available options for the Wincher include a grill guard $65, light guards $45, "D" rings or shackle brackets $40, and a turn signal/marker light set recessed in the bumper $35. The turn signal set can be replaced with LED lights $80. The Wincher comes into two configurations: for a winch box to hard mount a winch or with a receiver hitch to use a portable winch. You can also get it with a winch mount and a receiver tube, $65 additional.

If you have any questions or would like to place an order, please email me back or contact the office at 770-947-0190.

Edit: The above phone number is for Kennesaw Mountain Accessories not me, and their email address is: KenMtnAc@aol.com
Nixt
grocery getter 318

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got off the phone with Kevin from Kevins Offroad. I am pissed, I got raped by them. i would not suggest doing business with them unless you are in love with the products. Watch out for their long arm kit for ZJ's as well. they screwed up prices and parts and lied regarding several of their statements on the website. sorry if i sound bitter but this sucks and i dont want anyone else to get jacked so just be wary. Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil pissed
viper24242

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, the question is, can I purchase the base bumper and then order the tire carrier later when I have the cash? After looking at the picks I see that some of the stuff seems bolt on, or are there special brackets that need to be welded on to bolt on the other stuff. I know that some things: recessed back up lights and hitch need to be incorporated into the base design. I eventually want to get the tire carrier, license plate holder, and gas can holder. I don't have lots of cash because of school is rough so I need to add on as I get the money. I need a new rear bumper because mine got ripped off when I got stuck in the mud one time. Embarassed Got it back on, just a little messed up.
Flowmaster 50
Rusty's air tube
AEM throttle body spacer
nixt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would seem to me that items like the lights, reciever hitch, and air tank would need to be welded and the bumper would have to be shipped back to the shop to have that work done. It would definately be cheaper to have it done all at once. As for the tire swing, they do offer things like a heavy duty hinge for 37" or larger tires, so you may be able to get a basic bumper with the post for the tire swing already installed. But I don't know for sure. The best bet is to call or email them- if you leave a message they are very good about getting back to you.
with 2" coil spacers for 3.5-3.75 total lift
235/85R16 Goodyear MTR's Measure a true 32"

Life has No Value,
But Death Has Its Price.
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened with your Kevins stuff Grocery getter????

I have never had a bad experience with Kevin.. Just wondering what went down ...
Why dont you start a new post and let us know...

End Hijack....

Kennesaw makes some very good looking bumpers.. But alas I am cheap and built my own... Mr. Green

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
nixt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: bumper Reply with quote

Guys,
Also check out rocky road outfitters. You can't find this by searching their website, but enter: http://www.rocky-road.com/zjbumper . The bumpers look great and match the vehicle lines well but they have very few options and are EXPENSIVE! The hilift/gas can post seems to block out a lot of your rearward vision
Nixt
with 2" coil spacers for 3.5-3.75 total lift
235/85R16 Goodyear MTR's Measure a true 32"

Life has No Value,
But Death Has Its Price.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: