Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Full Throttle Death

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nixt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another option (if you have a GM small block or Mopar Hemi)- you could replace the muffler with one of those STS turbo kits. I looked at their website and they are making these not just for cars but Dodge, GM, Ford, and Toyota pickups as well as Hummer H2's. They show pictures of the Toyota going through water, sand, and brush. It mounts near the rear axle and has intake/exhaust pipes running to it as well as the engine air filter and oil lines to lubricate the turbo. They claim it will stand up to abuse but having something that gets up to about 500 degrees and has an oil source to it that close to the ground would worry me. I have enough trouble stopping my jeep from starting a brush fire after I've driven through Kudzu. Not to mention having the air filter underneath the back of the truck. Also, I wouldn't want to drive it in the rain or snow because I'm pretty sure you don't want to put cold water on something that has an operating temperature of 500 degrees.
nixt
with 2" coil spacers for 3.5-3.75 total lift
235/85R16 Goodyear MTR's Measure a true 32"

Life has No Value,
But Death Has Its Price.
duranged

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Full Throttle Death Reply with quote

nixt wrote:
I have a 1998 5.9 Limited ZJ. My problem is when I pin the accelorator to the floor the engine craps out like it is starved for fuel. It only has a little over 92,000 miles on it. Also sometimes it gives me a rough idle in the morning.

I used to have a 99 durango with the 5.9. I had the same thing happen to me. low to moderate throttle was OK but when i jumped on it, it would just crap out...turns out my coil was bad. replaced it and all was good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: