Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Warn Trail Flares

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PAJeeper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:21 am    Post subject: Warn Trail Flares Reply with quote

Warn Trail Flares 6". Write up should be the same for most manufacturers flares.

Warn are not the cheapest by any means but they look extremely like the original flares and are renown for being tough. They are pretty easy to fit but do yourself a big favor and buy yourself one of those ratchet wrenches of the 8mm variety. The only other item you will need is about 10 retainer pins (see picture). The Jeep dealer wanted $3.50 each for these believe it or not. I got the same thing from Lowe’s for $0.25 each although I since found that Autozone also do them.

Both front and rear flares are attached with both captive screws and screws that have a plastic nut. In the case of rear flares the plastic nut is behind the wheel arch shield. I found that by pulling out the plastic single use retainer pins you can pull away the shield and then hold the plastic nut while using the 8mm ratchet wrench to turn the screw. That’s about it in reality, the first rear took about ˝ hour then it became progressively quicker.

8mm ratchet wrench and rear wheel arch shield retainer pins.

Finished Result

'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I know that driveway Laugh . Another nod for the Warn flares. Used to run them on mine, very solid flare. Well worth the money Smile .
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Projects & Reviews All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: