Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electric Primary Cooling Fans

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Street-Jeep

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject: Electric Primary Cooling Fans Reply with quote

Hey everyone Merry Xmas,

I really wanna put in a primary electric cooling fan in my 95 XJ 4.0L 2WD, any recomendations as to what would be the best choice? Any pointers in procedures could really help out aswell.

Thanks a Bunch.
Gibson 17200 Cat Back Exhaust
Yea she purrs....
DIGITRUCK

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey StreetJeep,

Electric Fans are great. They give you a little more hp and torque since the engine isn't spinning a 5 lb weight all the time plus increased gas mileage.

First replace the aux fan with a newer 96 and up the blades are S-shaped and pull more air.

Second (after you've removed the clutch fan, clutch, etc, shroud) get an electric fan that pulls at least 2000 cfm that's what the stock fan supposed to pull at peak rpm.

Wire it in parallel with the aux fan and it will cycle whenever the temp reaches 210 deg. And/or add a manual overide switch to turn on the fans in traffic or rockclimbing. I also added a 12v Green Light inside on the lower console so I know when the fans turn on (piece of mind since sometimes you can't hear them activate).

Good Luck and Happy Holidays!

Thx, Phil Cool

Last edited by DIGITRUCK on Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
jeep_cherokee_girl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Question Reply with quote

Can I replace my clutch fan with an electric primary fan? I have a 1987 Cherokee 2.5L 4x4? I'm asking because my clutch fan is stuck in the cool down mode. It doesn't free-spin.
DIGITRUCK

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Question Reply with quote

jeep_cherokee_girl wrote:
Can I replace my clutch fan with an electric primary fan? I have a 1987 Cherokee 2.5L 4x4? I'm asking because my clutch fan is stuck in the cool down mode. It doesn't free-spin.

Hey JCGirl,

Sure, np. Just follow the instructions I gave StreetJeep. Make sure your Primary Fan is 2000 CFM or Greater and replace your Aux Fan with the newer S-Shaped Blade one found on Cherokees 96 and up. They are direct fit and will bolt right in.

Thx, Phil
JeepinNH

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: stuck fan Reply with quote

You can spray some wd-40 or liquid wrench on the fan bearing to free it. Spray it in there and move it back and forth until freed up. My old Jeep used to stick like that. Lubing would last 6 months or so but is a cheap easy fix just keep the lube off the belt.

Present: 99 Cherokee
Past: 86, 87 Cherokee; 94 Grand Cherokee
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: