Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

this sucks

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DozerDan
What the deuce?
What the deuce?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i was right just go get it...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
GoTopless

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DozerDan wrote:
so i was right just go get it...

haha yep i guess you were Wink
kygreenyj

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lambda Chi Alpha not technically in it yet but im an "associate" tho im pretty sure im gonna stay with it, its been fun sofar

and yes dan you were right

06 Ford Escape Hybrid

03 KLR 650
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the Lambda Chi's suck at U of L's campus

My Morning Jacket
Owen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keithtj wrote:
Yeah the Lambda Chi's suck at U of L's campus

We called them Lamda Lamda Lamda at UMass before the lost their house due to "lack of interest"... I might add this was their mother chapter... We were right next door to them on Fraternity Row... Their house is still owned by Lamda Chi and is now a boarding house... last I heard at least.
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lambda Chi is one of the largest frat's in the nation. Coach Pitino is a Lambda Chi, though he has nothing to do with the ones on our campus

My Morning Jacket
Owen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keithtj wrote:
Lambda Chi is one of the largest frat's in the nation. Coach Pitino is a Lambda Chi, though he has nothing to do with the ones on our campus

Bigger is not always better...

Candi
Sick Puppy
Sick Puppy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fraternaties and sororities: Where one pays for having friends that wouldn't talk to them if they didn't pay. Rolling Eyes
DozerDan
What the deuce?
What the deuce?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Candi wrote:
Fraternaties and sororities: Where one pays for having friends that wouldn't talk to them if they didn't pay. Rolling Eyes

Not only that but 3/4 of the people i know in frats wind up hating those they live with. I had a few frats rush me... i went for the free beer then said thanks but no thanks....

I still have a few good freinds who are brothers and they are always having issues with each other...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Owen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not going to argue with either of you because you have both just made the most cliche statement someone that has no experience with a fraternity or soroity could make. Unless you have lived it you will truly never know... Rolling Eyes

I am still very invovled in my fraterniity and have lifelong friends I would have never had without the fraternity. I sitll hang out with a bunch of them on a regular basis and we have bond that you we would have never had just being friends in college. Cool
Candi
Sick Puppy
Sick Puppy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, at NJIT, I got sick of listening to the sorority chicks talk about each other CONSTANTLY and the guys were just as bad. With friends like that? Besides, I did my partying in high school. I had enough of the entire frat party scene before I even got to college.
Owen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Candi wrote:
Well, at NJIT, I got sick of listening to the sorority chicks talk about each other CONSTANTLY and the guys were just as bad. With friends like that? Besides, I did my partying in high school. I had enough of the entire frat party scene before I even got to college.

I would be reluctant to make comments that are undoubtedly stereotypical if you have no personal experience with the particular subject matter... Stereotypes usually offend someone. Personally I was very offended by what you said in your last comment.
DozerDan
What the deuce?
What the deuce?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Chaos wrote:
I am not going to argue with either of you because you have both just made the most cliche statement someone that has no experience with a fraternity or soroity could make. Unless you have lived it you will truly never know... Rolling Eyes

Prior to seeing the real happenings of one of the frats I was all but in it. Some stuff went down at a party and a few of the brothers decided it would be fun to turn around and blame it all on me and another kid who werent even there... some friends.. the kind i can live with out.

The other one i was assosiated with wasnt far off. They like to get drink and pick on the brothers who they pretend to like while they are sober then harrass and do stupid shit to while drunk. again friends i dont need.

Two of my best freinds quit their frat after the brothers told my friend that he was out if he went home for the weekend to attend his grandmothers funeral instead of going to a frat activity....

yeh i think ill pass on that one too
Owen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DozerDan wrote:
Captain Chaos wrote:

Prior to seeing the real happenings of on of the frats I was all but in it. Some stuff went down at a party and a few of the brothers decided it would be fun to turn around and blame it all on me and another kid who werent even there... some friends.. the kind i can live with out.

The other one i was assosiated with wasnt far off. They like to get drink and pick on the brothers who they pretend to like while they are sober then harrass and do stupid shit to while drunk. again friends i dont need.

Two of my best freinds quit their frat after the brothers told my friend that he was out if he went home for the weekend to attend his grandmothers funeral instead of going to a frat activity....

yeh i think ill pass on that one too

Dan I cannot generalize like you and Candi have about all fraternities based on heresay and one or two particular incidents with individuals. I can comment on my onw personal experiences. I lived in a fraternity house for four years.I have heard all the stereotypes and cliches...

I would never judge you or Candi for being in a type of organization based on what an individual did to me personally or what I had overheard.

If that was the case I would say that no jeepers have any respect for other jeepers based on what happened to me.

My particular Fraternity was always adament about putting school work and family first. The Fraternity was there to aid you through school as well as family issues. Yes we had out of control parties and all the other good stuff. But the good outweighed the bad. I have heard the grandmothers funeral story a thousand times and usually its an excuse to get out of a situation that someone is too scared to complete, such as pledgeing... I think that's another one of those sad cliches people use...

Prejudice and stereotypes make me sick. You have both thoroughly made me livid. Get my point?
DozerDan
What the deuce?
What the deuce?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Chaos wrote:

Prejudice and stereotypes make me sick. You have both thoroughly made me livid. Get my point?

wow man step back and take a deep breath.

Its not a stereotype when you have seen it first hand... i hold no prejudice, jsut not for me
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> The Vault All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: