Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

why wont my locks work?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimmyhasajeep

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: why wont my locks work? Reply with quote

so my friend and i installed new speakers for the front of my car. we had to remove the plastic door panel that covers the speaker to do so. we installed em and they sound great.

however

after the install i went home and cleaned my car, and got stuck inside of it because the passenger door wouldnt open. i took apart the door again and fixed that, and assumed the locks worked.

today i tried to lock the car, and the front doors (driver and passenger) dont lock. the central locking mechanism is working, i took it apart. what appears to be happening is when the door panel is moved to the position in which it has to go in to be put back on, the little bar thing that controls the lock cant go far enough to go back and fourth. (if you've ever looked in the door of your XJ you'll know what im talking about). i dont know what the hell happened, and i dont know how to fix it.

HELP ME!

2000 XJ 4x4
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2084616
jimmyhasajeep

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermind, we fixed it. the bar that pulls the lock open/shut was bent. hahaha. took me a while to figure that out though...

2000 XJ 4x4
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2084616
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: