Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

07 TK Photos and Specs

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard any feedback on the Bestop unit yet, but I'm hoping that DC can engineer a better modular design then, let's say, Steel Horse Mr. Green . I'm cool with the multi-section design as long as it remains drip free and makes it relatively doable for a single person to remove. The trick swaybar is cool too, but makes me wonder what happens when ya lift it ($$$$). As it is now, ya just need to buy a replacement set of links for the appropriate height and off ya go. Here's to hoping that there's a replaceable link in the new setup that can be replaced as it goes bigger....c'mon, 32's are a nice start Wink . The engine, jury's still out on the engine til I can see some dyno'd graphs and shit. More HP is great and all, but if it all comes screaming in at 4800rpm's and is a slug in the lower band, well that's just a waste for this type of vehicle. Kinda like the bolt on mods for the current 4.0l....25bhp gains at 5326rpm, whoopty f'n doo.

Anyways, the more I see the more I like...yah I'm repeating myself. I've read a lot of 'it has this that and the other' or 'it doesn't have this that or the other' bitching about it, but the fact remains that DC seems to have put together a solid axle (32spline HP front 44 none the less, not the hybrid 34 or whatever the hell is out there now, j/k, nuttin' but love for my Rubicon folk flipoff agree), removable top and door, Jeep looking vehicle while meeting those pesky govt '07 regulations. It's early on, but I've been thinking about picking up a used ZJ with another little one imminent and keeping the TJ as my beater, but with the way the TJ's been pissing me off and the fact that this thing is claiming more interior room....well, I better start go kissing the wifes ass now rofl .
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'drack, I don't think it matters whether you get an older grand or not, eventually, it will be lifted. Finger

(That is, assuming that because the TJ will be a "beater" you would want to keep the ZJ at a stock ride height for a DD)

A friend of mine had some worries about the electronic swaybar disconnects being shorted out on deep water runs...any ideas? I mean, I think DC would put enough time and money into the thought process to realize that they need to be waterproof...or have something to keep the water out of the connections...

I think my next 4x4 will be the 07 TK, lol.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as the guy driving it in the 'unveiling' video didn't have anything to do with it, it should be fine rofl . Did ya see that yet? Guy smokes the tires pulling off the stage (strike 1), drives thru a window (strike 2), and then climbs that Jeep obstacle....wait, climb is the wrong word there. Tries to hit a bump hard enough to launch said vehicle to the top. I normally don't have my speakers on, but I did for that and the sound of that poor engine just screaming for mercy as he floored it (I'm guessing in 4Lo with those high speed 4:1 gears churning for mercy). Well anyways, that was strike 3....hella image to portray the 'responsible offroading crowd' as.
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, I didn't see that vid. is in on JH? or do you have a link?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link to vid...

It's towards the bottom of the page. I hadda use IE to get it to play, stoopid Microsoft gestapo wouldn't let it run on my Firefox browser shock .
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shock Wow...I'm sorry, but I don't go for urban wheeling, the mall crawlers cover that without my help. rofl
95sahara

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'drack wrote:
The trick swaybar is cool too, but makes me wonder what happens when ya lift it ($$$$). As it is now, ya just need to buy a replacement set of links for the appropriate height and off ya go. Here's to hoping that there's a replaceable link in the new setup that can be replaced as it goes bigger

I looked under a PowerWagon one day and was looking to try and "see" how it's electronic diso worked, and it looked like it was in the middle of the swaybar. It appeared to have regular swaybar end links, and there was a big "box" (for lack of better words to describe it) in the middle of the swaybar. There were also wires going into this "box", so I could only assume that's how it worked. If this is the case on the new Jeep, then in theory, all you would have to do when you lift it would be to get longer end links and the disco in the center of the bar would still operate.

If this is how it works?
PICS
TJ Apex

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the exterior look of '07, I'm glad they didn't change to much of a good thing, but the interior just looks to refined...just not rugged enough for me. I do however like the navigation system option.
The windows on the hard top have the recessed Glass “Hummer” look to it, Maybe I'm alone on this one.

02' Apex Edition,
2" BB, 31" BFG AT's
Renegadestang

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa! I just noticed something!!! A Wrangler with power windows?!?!

1981 Jeep CJ-7 Renegade: 307-4V SBC, SR-4 4-spd., 31x10.5 Wild Spirit's

1966 Ford Mustang: 289-4V, C4 Auto.
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some photos of the 4 door model that should debut in April.
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow....they're not much to look at Confused
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah, the 4doors really don't do it for me either. I like the current Unlimited, the 4door just seems awkward, dunno.
viper24242

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

being a guy who is a fan of the unlimited but to poor to have bought one, I am not a fan of the 4 doors. It just makes the small back look unfinished. Like those 4 door pickups with the 3 foot beds. It just dosen't look right.
Flowmaster 50
Rusty's air tube
Rusty's steering stabilizer
AEM throttle body spacer
120 amp alternator upgrade
Rusty's Tie Rod Conversion
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General BS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: