Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

All-new 2007 Jeep Wrangler

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Jeep News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:01 am    Post subject: All-new 2007 Jeep Wrangler Reply with quote

* More Off-road Capability – Increased ground clearance, larger wheels and tires, enhanced Dana front and rear solid axles, available next-generation Command-Trac® and Rock-Trac™ transfer cases, new electric axle lockers, and electronic-disconnecting front sway bar
* More On-road Refinement – All-new 100 percent stiffer frame in bending, 2-inch longer wheelbase, 3.5-inch wider track, lower spring rates, advanced shock tuning, increased jounce and rebound travel
* More Interior Space and Comfort – 4.6 inches more hip and 5.1 inches more shoulder room combined with additional 2 inches in couple, 1 inch in rear-seat leg room and 2 inches behind rear seat
* More Open-air Options – Dozens of different door, top and windshield combinations; new three-piece modular hardtop and innovative Sunrider™ soft top
* More Power and Torque – New 3.8-liter V-6 engine with 205 horsepower and 240 lb.-ft. of torque
* More Safety – Electronic Stability Program (ESP), electronic roll mitigation, dual-stage air bags, seat-mounted side air bags and Occupant Classification System (OCS)
* ore Convenience – Available power windows and door locks, full-screen navigation system, 368-watt Alpine® stereo with MP3 capability, SIRIUS Satellite Radio
* Detroit, Jan 9, 2006 - Jeep® introduces the all-new 2007 Wrangler, the most capable off-road vehicle in the world – and more.

Full Story and Photos
Jesse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: GOODBYE 4.0 Reply with quote

Been through 3 Wranglers over the years with the old reliable 4.0 but I must say, I'm very pleased to hear it's finally gone. The 4.0 is great with 33's or smaller. But with 35s or bigger, even with numerous mods, there was never enough torque or hp for my taste. Thank you 4.0 for the memories but HELLO V6 and diesel. It's about time. I'll be grabbing the first diesel rubicon I can get a dealer to get for me. If they decide not to offer diesel in the U.S. then no problem. V6 power with mods will handle the job just fine. Oh yaaaaaaa.
Lowrider

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be surprised if the V-6 has more low-rpm grunt than the in-line six.

I STILL can't believe they discontinued the Unlimited after only 3 years.

I wouldn't mind a little more hip and shoulder room in mine.

2006 Wrangler Unlimited
1997 Cherokee Sport 2WD
EagleKeeper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused A v6 with better low end torque than a Straight six.

3.8 240 lb.-ft. (325 N•m)
@ 4,000 rpm

4.0 Power-Tech I-6:
190hp @ 4,600 rpm
235ft/lbs @ 3,200 rpm

Won't be long and all the jeeps will be for girls and sissy's
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleKeeper wrote:

Won't be long and all the jeeps will be for girls and sissy's

Wow, just wow. With all the new regulations and emissions standards being forcefed to the manufacturers they still manage to put together a Wrangler vehicle that seems pretty damn true to its heritage and this is the best response you can pound into your keyboard? Wow...

How many vehicles use the 4.0l engine in the 2006 DCX line? One. How many Wranglers does DCX sell? My numbers are a bit dated, but as of 02/06 the current year to date number was 9,503.....out of a total of 345,832 vehicles sold by the parent company. Seriously, ya can't expect them to keep one specific engine for one model with the amount of cross platform interchanging they do over there do ya? It's a dated engine, I got one, I like it. Wanna be able to see a Wrangler in the lineup in the future? Evolution......

Just outta curiousity, did they dyno a JK yet or release any kinda powerband graphs yet? Wondering if we're dealing with real world numbers yet or just transferring the available minivan ones over with a 'oh noes, they're sissiying muh Jeep' attitude.
Pegster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And also I must add that I take don't take "Girls and Sissy's" as a compliment.... I'm a girl and i love my '01 Wrangler! Just cause i'm girl does not make me a sissy... i'll see you out on the trails my friend!
nomani

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all, just wanted to add my two cents about the new jeep. I am glad to see the 4 L go. In fact that engine should have been put out the pasture years ago. Not that it was a bad design, but an engine that was engineered in the early eighties. Poor gas milage for 2006.

I really wished that DC could have put a diesel in SWB Jeep as an option, but instead offers a 3.8L boasting about more power blah blah... yeah can it get me 28 MPG on the highway? Im not asking for much, considering the Jeeps exported to the rest of the world can certainly attain that.

Bluetec DC?
qadhafi
Club Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of you should be burned at the stake. The 4.0L is one of the greatest engines ever. It has a buletproof design and can handle extremely high mileage situations. It doesn't need all the "chips" and open air intakes and frickin' tornado add-ons to get proper power.
Not only that, but it is the easiest engine I hve ever worked on. Everthing is accessible and easy to tear down on the trail if need be. I can't wait till those V-6's hit the street [crammed under the wrangler's super spacious hood of course]. I'll be the one using the rofl when I read about "I can't get to the spark plugs/oil filter/alternator pulley/water pump.

Enjoy that V-6 Fellas, I'll start looking for another I-6 to swap in in about another 140k miles. Cool

Back from the Dead??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
srb96bravo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read my mind qadhafi...
nomani

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qadhafi wrote:
All of you should be burned at the stake. The 4.0L is one of the greatest engines ever. It has a buletproof design and can handle extremely high mileage situations. It doesn't need all the "chips" and open air intakes and frickin' tornado add-ons to get proper power.
Not only that, but it is the easiest engine I hve ever worked on. Everthing is accessible and easy to tear down on the trail if need be. I can't wait till those V-6's hit the street [crammed under the wrangler's super spacious hood of course]. I'll be the one using the rofl when I read about "I can't get to the spark plugs/oil filter/alternator pulley/water pump.

Enjoy that V-6 Fellas, I'll start looking for another I-6 to swap in in about another 140k miles. Cool

Thats all well and fine. Yes it is an easy engine to work on and it had good torque at low rpms and it was probably was considered an efficient engine when Duran Duran debuted, but its 2006 and I want a modern engine with torque AND 30 MPG highway. This is not much to ask considering European Jeep models have this already.
qadhafi
Club Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europeans are all dirty smelly hippies.
And I think that we all know what happen to hippies.

An engine that lasts for 15 production years lasted that long for a reason. And it wasn't laziness. It was badassness. That 4.0L HO is the Jack Bauer of Engines.

Back from the Dead??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nomani wrote:
Thats all well and fine. Yes it is an easy engine to work on and it had good torque at low rpms and it was probably was considered an efficient engine when Duran Duran debuted, but its 2006 and I want a modern engine with torque AND 30 MPG highway. This is not much to ask considering European Jeep models have this already.

And what are you using your jeep for?
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code3TJ wrote:
nomani wrote:

And what are you using your jeep for?

Yea really, you can't have your cookie and eat it too rofl...As qadhafi said, the 4.0L is extremely easy to work on. I've worked on about 5 different engines, and the 4.0L I-6 is the easiest engine to change plugs on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kygreenyj

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nomani wrote:
but its 2006 and I want a modern engine with torque AND 30 MPG highway.

this is why i bought a DD car (granted its no 40MPG civic Very Happy turbo kills that)

06 Ford Escape Hybrid

03 KLR 650
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DC had it right with the Liberty, hardly heard any bitching about the lack of a 4.0l in those.....of course they had to create a diversion by throwing IFS in to make folks overlook the engine. Maybe they should find a way to make the Compass a convertable and call that the next Wranger, that'd certainly make folks forget about the engine change rofl .

My wife has a KJ and yeah, I absolutely hate getting under the hood of that thing. Need to be a gawdamn contortionist to reach the oil fitler and I expect to see the same on the new JK's. I'm still up in the air as to what I'm doing with the TJ, but looking at the Compass and what they could have done with the next Wrangler, I'm just happy as hell we're getting what we're getting. Continue......
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Jeep News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: