Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

transfer case swap

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jere_phillips

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: transfer case swap Reply with quote

I have a 2003 Grand Cherokee with a 4.7 HO, automatic trans and with the NP (?) 247 transfer case. I would like to swap in a transfer case with a 2WD option. I have been looking and it seems that the 242 would bolt right in. Is that true? if not what all is needed or does anyone have other suggestions. the jeep is bone stock and is a daily driver and will likely never be any more than that. Thanks for your advice.
The Dude

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: 247/242 swap Reply with quote

I just completed my swap ! I had no problems at all once i located the parts. i have a 2000 jgc with a 247 quadra-junk ! No suprise it broke . i got a 242hd out of a 2002 jgc and the drive shaft from the donor car along with the shifter bezzle . My front output shaft is cv and the 242 i got was u-joint so i had to switch them , it was easy just one nut and a puller. then i installed the 242 with no problem at all the cv lined right up and so did the drive shaft. you will need to lower the t-case shifter linkage my bracket already had a spot to lower it so it was easy , i took apart the center counsel and the bezzel swapped easy . all and all it was a fun swap i now have the select drive i want !

what you need :

242hd t-case from a 02 03 jgc with 4.7

drive shaft from donor jeep 31 spline

shifter bezzel from donor car !

Thats it !
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: