Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blower quit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RI97TJ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Blower quit Reply with quote

I have a 97 Wrangler. The blower suddenly and unexpectedly quit on all speeds. No previous noises, the fuse is good. I have not replaced the resister yet, where is it?
What else should i check.
97Wrang

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the resistor is under the glove box, you have to remove the blower motor cover with 4 screws and then you will be staring right at the resistor. it is a diamond shaped part that only has 2 screws to remove it. easy fix and that should solve the blower problem. i just bought my second one the other day for $47 from jeep just to give you an idea of the price.
97Wrang

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any other quesitons here was the other post about it...

http://jeephorizons.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=3144

its under fan only works on high if that link does not work
RI97TJ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will get the resistrr on my way home from work. My only concern is the resistor fix is usually if you lose hi speed only, not all speeds.
Thanks for the input. I will post results. May not be able to install it tonight though
97Wrang

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost all of the speeds on mine too and that did the job to fix it, good luck with it
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, if it's the resistor, you lose everything but high. Here's how to check the switch.
RI97TJ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, $47+change and 1/2 hour later, i replaced the resistor. I still have nothing, nada, nicht, nyet, nothing.
I will check the switch next.
By the way, the resisto is only available by Chrysle and insnot availalbe aftermarket.
This is great thank for the help and tips
saharatj98

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is not the resistor... i checked all of mine when i lost my lower speeds.... power comes from the switch directly to the fan when on high. the resistor only comes into play in the lower speeds... You can check the switch and the resitor with a multimeter... SOunds like yor switch and i'd double check your fuse.... You can check the blower itself too for bearing failure, obstruction, and jump the terminals to 12v bypassing the switch and resistor...
RI97TJ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was my next plan. Thanks. Jumper the blower and test it. If the blower works then it must be the switch. January was warm and then February turned cold. I have some heat so I can still drive to and from work. Waiting for a warmer Saturday. Thanks for any and all help, tips, info.
Mephisto80

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: My 2001 did it too Reply with quote

What you need to check is the electrical input on the exhaust gage with the nobs. Pop your console off over the exhaust nobs and unscrew the mount. Check the attachments the one on the far right is the electical feed, mine melted right away, so I electrical taped it and got it to work. Sorry my car jargon sucks.

[ Radio ]
[ Exhausts Nobs ]
[fog lamp] [change drwr]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: