Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4 wheel drive???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
canuklehead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: 4 wheel drive??? Reply with quote

This is gonna sound really ridiculous, but I had my operations manual stolen and I was wondering if anyone could tell me when to put the Jeep into 4 wheel drive and the various 2 high and low etc.
Any help appreciated.

Thanks!
ehirner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put it in 4wd when you don't have enough traction to operate the vehicle in 2wd.
canuklehead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input. I was wondering what are the weather situations when to use the various options. As you can tell I'm new to this forum and a Jeep. Thanks!
Pegster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find that oh course in the winter and there is snow/slush on the roads I live to pop it into 4wdH. 4wdL would be used more for offroading - you can't drive very fast in that mode, like less than 20-25mph i think is what the manual says. I've used it before in a blizzard like situation where i had to bump my roomate's 2wd Ford Explorer down our alley where she got it stuck... a tow truck wouldn't even come down the ally - but the Wrangler said NOOOOOOO problem! Very Happy After that incident my roomate now has a ford 4wd truck... (cause she hauls a horse trailer - the jeep can't handle that much weight that i know of). Anyhow that day will be the day that she decided my Jeep wasn't a stupid car after all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: