Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

shifter problem after body lift

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ehirner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1fox2go wrote:
Hell all the stuff you are gonna have to re orginize becuase of this body lift is gonna be just as much work as install a suspension lift

Exactly...not to mention 3" BLs are fugly.

With a 3" BL...you'll be as cool as this kid...

1fox2go

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHAHA what a donkey punch

what else can we say? Are you that set on the body lift? If not you could take it out and see if you can return it or sell it on ebay or something and put the money towards some 30s or 31s and wheel it stock.
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bashing a guy because he's running a 3" BL won't help solve the problem he's having. Let's keep this on point and tech related. Stop flaming.

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
1fox2go

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one is bashing just giving our opinions on what we would do...

instead of moving the console and all that good stuff maybe it would be possible to find a whole new shifter thats not too expensive

one with a different angle, know what i mean?
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Different shifters Reply with quote

They do make some short throw shifters, I know B&M does, and also Hurst. They aren't shorter length wise, but like Fox said, they are different angles.

I read somewhere that they shorten the throw by about half. It also cleans up the shift.

So there's another option, but if you are running low on cash-flow, it'd be kinda rough dishing out the money for one Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
97Wrang

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya guys to let you know I finished the lift tonight. The shifter isnt hitting anything after I took off the foam thats around it, and in time when I actually have some spare money I'll most likely invest in a short shift. And I didnt end up moving the console back. I also already have 31x10.5 with aftermarket rims on my car just to let you know.

O ya has anyone ever rotated the shifter 90 degrees to move it more into the middle of the shifter hole? Just wondering cause a buddy of mine did that on one of his cars and I didnt know if I could do it in a jeep just to make sure.
ehirner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePhantum wrote:
Bashing a guy because he's running a 3" BL won't help solve the problem he's having. Let's keep this on point and tech related. Stop flaming.

So....what's that mean?

Mr. Green
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

97Wrang wrote:
Ya guys to let you know I finished the lift tonight. The shifter isnt hitting anything after I took off the foam thats around it, and in time when I actually have some spare money I'll most likely invest in a short shift. And I didnt end up moving the console back. I also already have 31x10.5 with aftermarket rims on my car just to let you know.

O ya has anyone ever rotated the shifter 90 degrees to move it more into the middle of the shifter hole? Just wondering cause a buddy of mine did that on one of his cars and I didnt know if I could do it in a jeep just to make sure.

I don't know if 90 degrees will cut it....it would either point the shifter to the left or right....very odd...I'd rotate 180 degrees if I could in that situation. But then it might hit the dash. Rolling Eyes

Am I reading right? is that what you meant?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
1fox2go

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

again do you plan to go suspension lift? because investing in the short throw shifter will definitely take a good hunk of that money you have towards it...since it works now as is id run it while saving up for a suspension lift, trust me you will be very pleased with it over the body lift
97Wrang

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm workin on the suspension lift gimme some time and ull be the first one i let know that i bought one. Whatever I do to the shirfter wont cost anything, but moving it 180 i think will most likely put me in the dash.
1fox2go

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

take off the shifter knob...mite gain an inch or 2
97Wrang

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The height isnt the thing that matters, right now I actually like the height, but it leans further towards the passenger side than the drivers(it always has) but I was just wondering while I was doing everything if I could position it more towards the drivers side?
97Wrang

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O ya I also drove it today to school for the first time and it doesnt seem too much different from the stock ride, the only difference is I am higher obviously
ehirner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

97Wrang wrote:
O ya I also drove it today to school for the first time and it doesnt seem too much different from the stock ride, the only difference is I am higher obviously

It isn't going to ride any different. You installed a body lift.
97Wrang

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that but a few people were talking like I was going to die when I drove this thing on the highway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: