Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Disappearing Brake Fluid!!Need Help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeep_cherokee_girl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:55 am    Post subject: Disappearing Brake Fluid!!Need Help Reply with quote

ok well about a month ago I had major brake work done on my 1987 Jeep Cherokee. Two weeks ago I found that the part of the master cylinder that feeds the rear brakes was empty. Took to to the shop and they said that the rear line that they replaces wasn't tightened all the way. Well Wednesday I found it empty again and took it back Thursday. They couldn't find a leak after rebleeding the system so the mechanic drove it home and back into the shop this morning and they said "I can't explain it there is no leakes what so ever. Maybe someone took it.

Has anyone heard of this problem? I'm going to talk to my boss at work. I hope it wasn't a guy at work messing with me.
themajor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 93 YJ with the same problem, No leaks, Hummm..Been doing it for 5 years. pull hair

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was a technician for chrysler 24 years before i retired and became a taxidermist.no the tooth fairy did not steal the fluid. no matter what they tell you, if the fluid wasnt in there...it leaked out.maybe the mechanic wasnt smart enough to check the other line after you came back the second time.maybe he filled it up and told you he couldnt find anything wrong to keep from looking stupid.if it leaks out again..you have a problem...line leaking? wheel cylinder leaking? or maybe the master cylinder is leaking the fluid into the power brake booster in which you would not visibly see a leak..but just as physics tells us what goes up must come down.....if its empty,it went somewhere.
jeep_cherokee_girl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

I think he found the problem and fixed whatever it was but didn't tell me. Because it is not leaking anymore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: