Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need a DD opinions wanted

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kygreenyj

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Need a DD opinions wanted Reply with quote

I need a DD that gets actual gas mileage. Im thinking a subaru sedan or wagon a year or two old (not a WRX the insurance savings for getting a car would be negated byt the "sports car" designation). I'd like to still have some snow capabilities, and alittle more ground clearance than a honda for the nice brick streets around here, but i do want a "car" no replacement for the jeep

06 Ford Escape Hybrid

03 KLR 650
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I currently have a Mini Cooper...

Not super expensive and very nice ride..

And amazing amount of leg roof for a tiny car.. My buddy Kris is 6'5 and he can sit in it comfortably...

It gets about 28 MPG City and really hauls ass if you care about that..No governer it will easily hit 130 on the highway.. I even outran a Camaro the other day.. I wish I had a camera with me ..The look on that guys face when I blew past him was absolutly priceless..rofl

I am also looking at a Mercedes C230 Sport for my next vehicle... I am getting silly in my old age and wanting to cruise in nice rides all of a sudden...

Mercedes is only about $30,000 or so ..And man is it a nice ride...I test drove one the other day.. I was very impressed...

I guess you should say what price range you are looking at... Mr. Green

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve (aka the Phantum) and I have a Toyota Matrix and love it, well Steve may not because he stalls it all the time.

It gets 29+ mpg, lots of room and gets around pretty good. We got the base model, a 4 banger. We picked it up new for around 14k, in April of 04 and it has 50k miles. It's a manual so it has some pep and I can do 80 on in interstate.

If you want something that gets around in the snow ok, I know the top of the line model Matrix comes with some sort of 4wd system. It doesn’t get as good gas mileage.

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
kygreenyj

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IM lookin around 20k no older than 2003. The mini's are nice is that a nav system in there? The mini might be alittle too small tho, i atleast want some space to put crap since i'll be moveing around alot in the next few years. might check out the matrix, sounds interesting.

06 Ford Escape Hybrid

03 KLR 650
ehirner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kygreenyj wrote:
IM lookin around 20k no older than 2003. The mini's are nice is that a nav system in there? The mini might be alittle too small tho, i atleast want some space to put crap since i'll be moveing around alot in the next few years. might check out the matrix, sounds interesting.

Check out the new Ford Fusions. They are supposed to be very nice and very reasonably priced. Only potential problem is it is the first model year right now...always some bugs and assorted fixes during the first model year or a vehicle.
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that is nav.... (It has a british accent... rofl )

Oh I got it .. How about a Scion XB.. Cargo room and they are like $14K brand new... Cool

If you can get over the fact that they are Uber ghey and have all the arodynamics of a toaster... rofl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kygreenyj

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swamp boy wrote:
If you can get over the fact that they are Uber ghey and have all the arodynamics of a toaster... rofl

No......I cant

Anyone here have any opinions on the Subarus ??? Im kinda stuck on one of those?? Any reasons why not?

06 Ford Escape Hybrid

03 KLR 650
1fox2go

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outbacks are pretty good rides i hear...lots of cargo room there....what about the legacy its a bit bigger than the wrx but it has the same curves
ehirner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have a thing against Subaru's....just don't like them.

The Scion Tc's are nice looking...2-dr sporty car.
TJgirl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure like those mini coopers, if I ever got a second vehicle thats what it would be! I should say 3rd vehicle, theres another jeep out there I would love to buy, it's a old CJ7
Renegadestang

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fiancee's mom has a Sub Forester and she loves it! Very decent gas mileage, AWD and the ability to pull small trailers (she pulls a motorcycle trailer behind hers).

1981 Jeep CJ-7 Renegade: 307-4V SBC, SR-4 4-spd., 31x10.5 Wild Spirit's

1966 Ford Mustang: 289-4V, C4 Auto.
ZenLex
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like moonlit walks on the beach with large men named Biff. I also like it when they take me under the boardwalk and smash my empty skull against the rocks.

~Edited Code3TJ Finger
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking at the 2003-04 Disco's I really like them.

My Morning Jacket
kygreenyj

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keithtj wrote:
I've been looking at the 2003-04 Disco's I really like them.

Unlike you keith i have standards

Finger

06 Ford Escape Hybrid

03 KLR 650
kygreenyj

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok once I looked at an outback and test drove a WRX i was hooked. I found an 05 that looks pretty nice in louisville for 22k (would never pay that much) with 11k miles. Dealer said the previous owner was bad at driving stick and ruined the first clutch, insisted it was the trans, which then was replaced under warranty. He traded it on a legacy with an AT afetr he realized he sucks. What am i looking for here besides obvious repairs in the unitbody, ghetto wireing under the hood? Any way to tell if the Engine/turbo have been beat on? Lookingf at it tomorrow night and its getting very tempting Very Happy

06 Ford Escape Hybrid

03 KLR 650
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General BS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: