Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi all! Here's my first question.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mopar500

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Hi all! Here's my first question. Reply with quote

Well I just bought a '92 Cherokee and I am sure I am going to have many questions. With my limited mechanical ability I hope I can provide some accurate answers to others.

Here's my first question.
When I was first looking at this Cherokee, the passenger rear window worked briefly then stopped. I asked the owner if it was working before, and he seemed genuinely surprised it wasn't working now. I was trying it at the switch on the driver's door. He tried it on the door, itself. It may have worked briefly then stopped. Now it doesn't work at all.
I am guessing it's a problem with the regulator (I don't really know what it is, I am just throwing around big words to appear smart). I know I can take the door pannel off without much problem, but how much of a pain in the rear is it to replace a regulator? Is it easily accessable? Does it just unbolt and unplug? I think I read somewhere about having to drill out rivets or something. Is there a way to test the regulator to make sure it's the problem before I take it out?

Thanks to all, and here's to a long, beautiful relationship!
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://jeephorizons.com/tech/xjwindow.html
Mopar500

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I guess I should have searched first.

Ummmm, OK, I'll bite about your signature.

Is that an angry thing, about your God or my God, or am I missing the joke, or something?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: