Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking to Herculine my 88 XJ(needing help)...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperSport88

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Looking to Herculine my 88 XJ(needing help)... Reply with quote

I just recently purchased a 4dr 4.0L 88 XJ. The interior is basically shot, it's all still there but it's beatup. My plan is to make my 4 door into a 2 seater, by pulling out the rear bench. I want to remove the carpeting and do-it-myself spray line the inside. Anyone have any experience doing this to an XJ, I've seen it done on CJs and such. How would I conceal any wiring? If anyone can show me the right direction, I'd be very thankful.

BTW, this is my first post!
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you looked at plastic split loom to conceal the wires?
SuperSport88

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I haven't(Never heard of it before actually), I really have just had the idea since I bought my jeep recently and I'm the only write-ups I've seen online have been for CJs. I'm holding off on ripping out the interior until I know what I can do to cover the wiring and such. Anyone out there spray in or roll on a liner in an XJ? Thanks!
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do a google search - there are a zillion different ones out there, but this is what it looks like. http://cableorganizer.com/wire-loom/non-split-wire-loom.htm
Brad The Best

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only wiring on the floor is the two wires for the fuel pump and the drivers seat belt and maybe for the e-brake . unless you have fancy things like power seats then you have two more . the rest runs down the side of the vehicle .

you probably know what split loom is you just never new the name . it should be on the wires underneath your hood .

have you taken your carpet out yet ? there is a very good chance you have alot of rust underneath it , if so you will have to decide what you can grind and convert and what you have to cut and weld .

it isn't that hard i sprayed my entire floor of my 89 2-door xj after i fixed the little spots of rust and then put carpet over top , i only did it because im weird .

you could loose the seat belt wire and the e-brake one . the fuel pump wire is only about 2 feet long and is under your rear seat its pretty much tucked away and you wouldn't notice it .

the only spot were you will have problems maybe the front , i can't remember if there is a bundle of wires running across the front under the dash on the floor in a 88 or not . if so just put split loom over it and call it a day .

you will also have the insulation in the front under your gas pedal and on your firewall you can cut it or just prop it up and spray under it and then over it , its just foam with plastic over top .

i hope thats some help
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Body & Paint All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: