Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Still the new guy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrassNinja

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Still the new guy Reply with quote

Hello all. I just joined up this morning. I am a member of another jeep forum, but the server is down and I needed some info and help. Also figured it cant hurt to source you guys as well as the other forum.

anywho, i drive an '87 Cherokee Pioneer. I paid $700 for it, and I may have gotten a good deal. LOL just kidddin. But it is in pretty rough shape. I had to put all 4 doors back on it, and the fender trimming looks to have been done with a plasma rifle from about 50 yards away. (accurate) There are also some very cool (if your 6 years old) mods completed, well, not so much completed, just put on. It has 4" alum. blocks on the rear leafs. I guess the stock U-bolts just couldnt provide quite enough length, so he replaced with some really weird (large diameter-have to be from a junk yard) U-bolts. These were too long, so the threads wre smashed below the nuts to prevent the nuts from coming loose.( I'm assuming thats why) The Tranny and T-case also have a cool mod. Instead of a relocating bracket, or anything like that, he simply loosened the nuts to the very bottom of threaded travel and then smashed the threads to they could not fall off. ** this has to be why I got it so cheap. He couldnt get it to shift, thought his clutch and tranny were bad. The tranny was so loose that it "fell"/tipped sideways preventing the shifter from actually grabbing first or second gears. He drove around in 3 and 4th gears for a long time. LOL** And the front end, well, it completed the botched "budget boost", stock 10 year old coils, with some un-known pro-comp radius arms (no idea where they came from). So, yeah, Im raked like a 60's dragster on Saturday night. And with the sway bars gone, not disconnected, completely gone, it tends to roll a bit. Im actually afraid Im gonna have to replace the door handles since they tend to just about bounce on the pavement from time to time. (hmm, maybe that's why the doors were off!) Now I see the light.!

I also have a '99 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L auto that my wife runs around in. It's bone stock for now, I have a leaky exhaust I hope to replace with a cat-back soon.

And I have a pair of old Fords that are chillin. They havnt been touched in about 2 years. An '83 Bronco with a 302, auto, and 33's (stock suspension-where do I find these deals?) and a 1980 Ford F-150 4spd with a 302. Both 4X, and just waitin their turn behind the more important and better running Jeeps.

anyhow, thats, me, Hello. I hope to get to know some of you, and maybe see ya outside sometime.

GrassNinja
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, welcome man. welcome
GrassNinja

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there any way for me to show pics w/o a URL? [/img]
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.jeephorizons.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1495
GrassNinja

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aside from this part "First, you need to have the photo hosted somewhere online that thread helped me earlier, but that's why I said i was tying to do it another way. Sorry if I was confusing.

Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome Hope you like it here!! Great bunch of people on this board Mr. Green
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, they have to be hosted somewhere. http://www.photobucket.com/ is relatively easy and it's free. Wink
GrassNinja

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the welcomes guys. I think Ill stay a while. My other forum is still having server problems. I havnt seen the page in 3 or 4 days now. Came here cause the withdrawls were horrible.

l
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Smile

Real Jeeps dont wear Bra's
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Intro and Testing All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: