Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Installing New Stereo in 99 Grand Cherokee

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dacount97

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Installing New Stereo in 99 Grand Cherokee Reply with quote

My wife got me a head unit to replace the factory Infinity head unit in my Jeep. Got it from Crutchfield, so it seems that the wiring harness won't be too much of an issue. My question is this: should I get an amp and new speakers and run those at the same time? or should I just install the head unit and replace the tweeter (what prompted this in the first place) and go with the Infinity amp for now?

If I should get a new amp, does anyone know what will fit under the back seats? Is there enough air flow or would a "real" amp overheat? I'd like a 4 channel that would fit, but the slope under there is kinda wierd and it's hard to tell what the actual dimensions are so that the seat doesn't rest on the amp itself.

Lotsa vague questions, but I'm hoping someone can at least point me in the right direction at least.
Pegster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found that talking to the people at crutchfield was my best way to go - they really know their stuff and are willing to talk to you about all sorts of options. You can either call them or chat via internet. I'm about ready to upgrade my 01 Wrangler... i have my shopping cart all ready - now just have to wait till payday! I'm setting myself up with new Boston Acoustic speakers on the roll bar & dash, and then a new sony head unit. Now if warm weather would just get here so i could enjoy it when i get it installed.... ugh its the end of march and its snowing out.... Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Electronic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: