Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Welcome!! Please read first!! Safety First!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Body & Paint
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Welcome!! Please read first!! Safety First!! Reply with quote

Welcome!! First a little about me Wink I'm Billy and I have been fooling around with cars since I started tricking out my Matchbox cars Laugh I have been doing the Auto Body side for about 13 years. I have schooling in the regular Auto body courses plus DuPONT school (yes I've met Jeff Gordon), PPG, House Of Kolor (met the master himself!!), Sherwin Williams, Valspar & Nason. The one thing I can't stress enough is SAFETY FIRST!! You only have one life take care of it best you can. Which brings me to the first question....

Q - Can I do it myself??
A - Yes. Just depends on the task and tools you have. Also the safety equipment you have. Lets also not forget cleanup supplies for when your done, or Prepping. Wink

Q- Do I need a respirator, dust mask, gloves, spray sock??
A- By ALL MEANS YES!!!!!! Check with the manufacturer with what they recommend. I've heard it all......"Aaaa just got to get used to it"......."all you need is a handkerchief around your mouth"............."Be a man, you can do it" Shocked WRONG!! It is true breathing some vapors could send you into a shock or worse!! Once you get sensitized that's it!! Coughing, headaches, difficulty breathing, maybe worse. The biggest picture and it's hard for them to think this..... You may all right now but, if you where to live to say 80=you paint once no protect now maybe 65, do it again now 60 and so on. PLEASE SAFETY!! Be aware also of others too, after all you don't want someone to wonder in and breath up what you're doing. This all goes for welding, sanding, grinding, painting, etc. Also the most over looked ares the hands and the eyes!! Protect them, this is a good way for chemicals, etc to enter the body!! I don't want to scare you but, you need to be armed with knowledge. ALWAYS check with the manufacturer and their recommendations. Think of it as cheap life insurance Wink
"GODZILLA" More than a Jeep, it's family!!

Last edited by Billy's89XJ on Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Body & Paint All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: