Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WILL NOT START

View previous topic :: View next topic  
93 jeep cherokee limited

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: WILL NOT START Reply with quote

I HAVE A 93 JEEP. AND I PUT A WATER PUMP ON IT AND, TRYED TO START IT AND WILL NOT START, SAT IN THE TRUCK FIXING ON THE RADIO AND SEEN THAT THE SECURITY ON THE PANNEL WENT OFF AND IT STARTED, WELL DROVE IT FOR THAT NIGHT, NEXT MORNING TRYED TO START WOULDNT. SAT FOR 2 WEEKS DAILY GO TRY TO START NOTHING. TOWED TO THE SHOP. SD THAT NEED A COMPUTER, PUT IT IN. STARTED FINE ALL DAY, BUT THERE WAS THE SECURITY LIGHT LIT WHILE DRIVING. SOMETHING IS WRONG. Rolling Eyes
SO THE NEXT MORNING TRYED TO START, NOTHING. THE ENGINE TURN BUT NO CATCHING.
WHAT SHOULD I CHECK. TOMORROW IM GOING TO LOOK AT THE RELAYS ALL OVER THE CAR.
ALSO BEFOR I REMOVE THE FUES 6 AND SEVEN THE SECURITY LIGHT WAS LIT IN THE DASH, WHILE THE IGNITION WAS IN THE ON POSITION, I THING THT THE ALARM HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT NOT STARTING, HELP.... rofl
majikxms

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at this post...it's for an XJ but it's a start:

http://jeephorizons.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=6987&highlight=security
93 jeep cherokee limited

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok how about, i took the fuses out for the alarm. tryed to start the truck nothing actually drained the batt. towed too the shop. they call 2 saay it started all i did was charge the batt, left the truck at the shop over night, next day. it started. got the truck drove it all day, started. next day, nothing happen will not start. change the distribitor cap and rotor, nothing same issue. while i ws driving it that whole day it act right, there were times i get in it started up and there was a trimble as if it was going to cut off, pat the gas, started driving it, the trimble stop. later that day same thing that was before i parked the truck.

i was thinking its the fuel filter. any suggestions? that has not been changed ever now i see the previous owner did not do anything.
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuel filter is easy to get to.. Underneath right above the axle.. Its a canister type.. Held in my a single screw ....Squeeze the clips together to pull the fuel line out...

Also.. Just for the hell of it.. Go to autozone and rent a fuel pressure tester and hook it up to the fuel rail.. You should have 35 ish pounds of fuel pressure...

Let me know..

Carl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: