Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clicking noise in relay

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Clicking noise in relay Reply with quote

Basically, I was driving my car one evening and the lights started flashing and the radio turned off. From that point neither the radio nor the A/C has worked. All of it is shut off. On top of that, there is a clicking noise inside of the glove department. The relay switch will not stop clicking. Is it a bad switch? Should I replace it? How can I get this alarm system to be completely disabled? Also, the key is stuck in the driver side door. It ripped off in the door one day and I never took it out. It was never a problem before but I think this might have something to do with it. How do I get that key out? Last question. My transmission has been acting funny. It goes from 1 to 2 just fine but 2 to 3 takes a little while to get it into gear. Once it finally gets into gear (about 2500-3000 rpms) it goes from 2 to 3 and 3 to 4 within seconds. Also, it doesn't downshift at all from 2nd to 1st. Once you are in second and come to a stop the car shakes and kicks it into first almost at 0 rpm. I know this is a lot of information. Anything helps.

swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes sounds like you need to replace that relay...

Google grand Cherokee alarm disable... There is a writeup somewhere... (you just have to ground out a wire and it bypasses the entire alarm...)

I dont thing the stuck key will cause any problems..

I will look in my Tranny service manual and see what the troubleshooting guide has to say... (Sounds like a shift soliniod but I am not sure..)

I will try to get back to you tommorow on that..

Unless you include the sawzall work..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: