Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help! CJ7 Seat Belt Question...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimmyBoy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:54 am    Post subject: Help! CJ7 Seat Belt Question... Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I am from Hong Kong. I like CJ7 very much. And I want to buy one from US or Australia.

However, I need to clarify one big issue before ordering a CJ.
The problem is the seatbelt. By Hong Kong law, all car imported has to come with an ORIGINAL seatbelt, and the seatbelt has to be '3 point fixed'.

As there is no CJ in HK, I have no idea if CJ7 come with a original '3 point fixed' seatbelt or not. Can anyone here let me know?

BTW, Modified seatbelt is not allow in HK as it's not original...

thanks for your help. ^_^
Bockwinkle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: I believe Reply with quote

that all CJ7's after 1981 came with a 3 point seatbelt. I know I had a 1980 CJ5 that had only a 2 point lapbelt but all my subsequent jeeps (even two 1978's) had 3 point belts so it might be that all cj7's have 3 point belts.
dancj7

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jimmyboy! I have spent the last three years rebuilding my 1985 CJ7 and I replaced the three point seat belts with new ones. The original belts were frayed and worn. These can be ordered along with new bolts and brackets if you buy one that has been modified incorrectly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> CJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: