Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Start of a York OBA

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Link Meister
The Link Meister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Start of a York OBA Reply with quote

Welp I decided it was to easy to simply buy a York compressor and throw it in my Jeep. So I picked up a Junkyard Compressor and figured lets see how it works before I install it. Little did I know seeing how something would work would become a rebuild. :hypnotized:

First off the compressor had no gaskets on the head? How the heck did it work in the previous vehicle? It came out of a Volvo so I guess running half @$$ must of been what the Volvo owner wanted. Oh NO what do we see here?

So somebody picked up the compressor which I could only imagine means it was turned in as a core and rebuilt. I think who ever rebuilt it forgot to read the manual some.

Anyways Off comes the head.

On goes a couple of head gaskets.

After you insert all 14 bolts and hand tighten them use this Diagram and torque down each bolt to 10-16lbs.

Skip a few pages and yada yada its a happy compressor again.

Sorry for the paraphrasing, but I just wanted to show everybody whats going on. Im hoping to continue the series as money allows, but this is what I've got done so far:

Id Your York Compressor
York Inspection
York Gaskets and O-Ring Replacement

Of course I forgot to include the howto test the clutch, but I'll update the series soon. Mr. Green
1600+ Write-ups, and more
My Writeups | My Heap
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Projects & Reviews All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: