Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bored thottlebody?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RockOn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Bored thottlebody? Reply with quote

Anybody have one???

Do they help?

Do you need any other mods along with it?

They sell em on Ebay....

I think my XJ came with a 52mm & they sell some that have been bored to 58mm for my year model (89-90) these are factory parts that have been bored

can I buy one & just bolt it up & go?

I have a factory style cat & a high flow muffler (& a mud stained chrome tip....LOL)

Thanks
badger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not worth it or the waste of money.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RockOn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhh thanks
thats all I needed to know! Cool
Titan4u2c

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well worth it, but I guess on certain people's rides they don't work, who knows? I have a '91 with the bigger 62mm TB and when it runs {injector issue I think} trust me it runs. Although I have high-flow cat and flowmaster, a TB spacer, K&N filter and hotter plugs and wires, so this may make the difference on mine. But if you know your ride I gurantee you will notice a difference in throttle response and mid range pull....or I would ask for my money back. LOL I got mine from Paul of ARTSOUND on e-bay. He communicates well and is like the only guy on there selling these. I believe your year model is around $109 for buy it now maybe less if you bid low and win. Good luck!
Titan4u2c

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and yeah they bolt right up, had mine on in less than 15 minutes, comes with new gaskets too, so real easy with simple tools like an allen wrench or hex/star head wrench. Or is it the torq head? Forgot sorry, haha.
badger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there aren't worth the money unless you have other mods done to make it breath better.trust me

we just went through this on another board and went to a dyno to do a full run of test on three different models.

here are the results

Stock throttle body....
Power - 114.4 @ 3950 RPM
Torque - 178.5 @ 2300 RPM

AllJeep.com's bored (60 mm butterfly with a 62 mm gasket match taper) throttle body....
Power - 116.1 @ 4250 RPM
Torque - 176.6 @ 2300 RPM

Summit Machine's bored 62 mm throttle body.....
Power - 119.9 @ 3800 RPM
Torque - 185.0 @ 2600 RPM

Rubicon Express's billet 62 mm throttle body....
Power - 118.6 @ 3950 RPM
Torque - 183.4 @ 2300 RPM

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RockOn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well with those specs.........$100 for a bored intake is not worth the money in my opinion......I'm not that hard up for a few more ponys
In my opinion that increase does not improve offroad ability as much as other areas
Thanks for the info!
badger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

with a full exhuast ,header,intake,possible some ignition mods it would help increase horse power.but the claims by Rubicon Express that you will get 15 horse just by bolting this one is total crap .i used to be big into cars as well and i always laughed at exhuast manufactures and the like becuase you damn well know that claims are just claims.

if you believe you are going to gain that much just from a throttle body then you might as well go and buy one of those intake Tornado things.if that little bit of an increase was going to make that much difference don't you think that Chrysler or any car manufacture would make it that much bigger .the motor was engineered from the factory to squeeze out as much horse power as possible.

now if you are going to go into the head and polish it and do some tweaking to the bottom end then ya you are going to feel it as well as actually have some gains.the motor is an air pump you can't expect to pump more air without making improvements in other places to help increase that air flow.

Last edited by badger on Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
RockOn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well that makes sense "airpump"

I think I will wait till I blow the engine to upgrade it Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: