Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lights

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muckaneer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay...I;ve started narrowing it down a bit. Along with upgrading the headlights to IPFs, what do y'all think of these two? Hella Black Magic or KC slimlites. Thanks.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/97008_02.htm

http://www.quadratec.com/products/97048_22.htm
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the IPF 968's (round) from DPG offroad. $118.00 for it. 55w plus it comes with 100w bulbs to upgrade. Much cheaper and it doesn't get much better than IPF. I've compared it to PIAA's 55W and KC's 55W 7" round driving lights and th IPF seems brighter.

http://dpgoffroad.com/

Call Dirk and he'll take care of you.

My Morning Jacket
The Dajaaza

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're on a budget, you can try what I did. Mine are just sealed beams used for heavy equipment. They don't throw a beam far but they throw wide.

I mounted three front center on my bumper and purchased them at Walmart for $17 Canadian each. They are doin the job for me.

J
Muckaneer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured it all out. Muckaneer 2 and I both got IPF bulb housings and Fat boy lights. For driving lights I got the Hella Black Magics. Muck 2 was in front of me when I turned them all on and I think I almost vaporized him. Thanks for the help and recommendations. The site we ordered though was great too. I cannot remember what it was, but it was great.
Muckaneer #1
blooba

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ione wrote:
Well, the first modifacation I have come up with, I took out the metal baffel that sets in front of the stock 55 watt jeep fog light bulbs. I would guess the baffel was for diffusion but it also makes the light about half as bright as it is without it. It will be dark here in about one hour and I will try it. It was easy to remove.
Next question: I have one ford product, and one chrysler product (Jeep), both have driving/fog lights . Why do they have the fog lights only work on dim? Make no sense to me, who cares if you have more light when the brights are on? And they all do it.

Well the reason that the fog lights don't work with your brights on is because it is too much drain on your alternator. With many vehicles all the electronics and stereo and lights drain quite a bit if you added your fog lights with your brights it could pull more juice than the alternator is putting out. Although I'm not sure about Jeeps electrical draw
WannaBJeepin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Muckaneer #1 was in front of me and I turned on my Brights, it looked just like daylight in his Jeep & all I had was the IPF headlight replacements. I highly recommend both if you are looking. I know we got the replacements for $165 shipped at www.jeepersandcreepers.com. I don't know where he got the Hella's at, but it was a good deal at Jeepersandcreepers.com for our IPF's.

Tim
Winch
Centerforce Dual-Friction Clutch & Pressure Plate
Custom Front & Rear Bumper's & Tire Carrier
Braided Break Lines
Warn Manual Locking Hubs
ARB's
Air System Purchased and in the works
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: