Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What to look out for in an '05 Laredo?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NightTrain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: What to look out for in an '05 Laredo? Reply with quote

I'm totally new to the Jeep world and I'm about to purchase an '05 Laredo this weekend. What are some things I need to be aware of? Any unresolved issues that I should know about? How's the reliability on this model?

I know I have a ton of stuff to learn and look forward to learning from the knowledgable members of this forum.

TIA
jeepejeep

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:18 am    Post subject: My Opinion Reply with quote

Welcome to the world of Jeeping! I've owned a Jeep since 1986 and wouldn't be without one! I had a '86 Cherokee, a'93 ZJ and now my new '05 Grand Cherokee Laredo that i got in Aug. of '05.

Mine has the 4.7(AVOID THE 6 CYL!!) tow pkg, sun roof and a few other options. Pretty basic ,though as you can go nuts and get all sorts of stuff on these things. I love mine so far. Rides great, handles great, good power even towing my trailer. The interior is nice but a little small for a truck this size and why the "A" pillars are so wide I'll never know. They get some getting used to because they block vision when turning. You just have to be real careful and look good before turning.

Over all I love it and would recommend it to anyone looking for a SUV.It works real well off-road, though I haven't done any real hard stuff. The tires are too mild and it does lack real good ground clearence but for mild off-roading it's amazing. The Quadra-Trac works good and I can only imaging what the Quadra-Drive system is like!

Good luck and let us know what you get.
Delt1c

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: My Opinion Reply with quote

jeepejeep wrote:
Welcome to the world of Jeeping! I've owned a Jeep since 1986 and wouldn't be without one! I had a '86 Cherokee, a'93 ZJ and now my new '05 Grand Cherokee Laredo that i got in Aug. of '05.

Mine has the 4.7(AVOID THE 6 CYL!!) .

What 6cyl are you refering to, we have the V6 3.0CRD and it is an excellent lump.
jeepejeep

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only 6 cyl. available in the US is the 3.7 gas engine. The diesel you guys have seems like a great engine. wish we had it here!
Delt1c

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont know why they dont do the 3.0 CRD V6 across the pond . Here in the UK they reckon 85% of all grand cherokee sales will be the 3,0CRD, with 215bhp, 510kn of torque, 0-60 9secs and an average of 27mpg there is very little reason to go for the petrol. Even the 5.7 Hemi hasnt got a lot more grunt. As an added bonus the sound of the V6 is just heaven. This is our 1st Jeep and have to admit it is sheer heaven.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: