Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stupid people in Jeeps

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TJ Apex

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Stupid people in Jeeps Reply with quote

When I was a kid I saw two Jeep accidents both around 1979- 80, But I'm only going to share the one for now.

There's a hill that can be seen form my Grandparents house that looks like an up side down cone that’s about 800ft high with a trail going straight up to the top. One afternoon my Grandpa and I were looking at the hill through his binoculars and I see what looks like a Jeep or a Land Cruiser going up the hill, I gave my Grandpa the binoculars and he looked through them for a second when he saw the driver of the Jeep stop about 3/4 of the way up, the driver then tried to turn around, half way through the turn it started to roll and didn’t stop till it rolled into a cemetery at the bottom of the hill.

We don’t know if the driver made it or not.

02' Apex Edition,
2" BB, 31" BFG AT's
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if they didnt make it, they sure did cut out the middle man Shocked

Real Jeeps dont wear Bra's
TJ Apex

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok...for my second story.

There was a street one block over from mine that was notorious for having moss in the gutters that would be very slippery.
One day, my cousin and I were walking down the street when we saw a CJ rounding the corner at a pretty high rate of speed hitting the moss sliding about 5ft then hitting dry pavement that caused it to roll 4 1/4 times landing on it's driver side.
On the second rotation the driver was ejected throwing him about 20ft on to the sidewalk where we where walking and the Jeep landed about 10ft from him.
As we ran over to him to see if he has ok, we saw that his fore head was badly injured. He tried to get up because he was worried that the Jeep would catch fire, but when he stood, up he fell back to the ground. Then the driver pulled his pant leg up to see that his ankle and leg were broken from his short flight.

I remember him saying that it was his buddy's Jeep and that he late to bring it back to him that's way he was going so fast.

02' Apex Edition,
2" BB, 31" BFG AT's
Pegster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh!!! I bet that wasn't a fun story to tell the friend.... uhhh i was trying to get your jeep back then this giant patch of moss came out of no where and then i turned into superman....and the jeep did a stop drop and roll....

That story is the perfect reason why i don't let others (except my partner) drive my jeep... and even then i worry. But she's a cop so i usually think that she wouldn't drive crazy like that - and only time she drives it is when her 2x4 explorer couldn't make in the snow...
TJ Apex

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add a little side story to the last one. That accident happened when I was 10 or 11 years old, and up until then I always liked Jeeps.
As I got older, I still liked the way they looked and knew what they were capable of, but in the back of my mind there was always the memory of that CJ rolling 4 times.
Now that I own a TJ, I found that they handle and ride much better than I though they would, so my phobia of Jeeps has gone away. And besides, doing doughnuts in a snow covered parking lot is fun.

02' Apex Edition,
2" BB, 31" BFG AT's
jeepzter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJ Apex wrote:
And besides, doing doughnuts in a snow covered parking lot is fun.

I hear ya man Finger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General BS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: