Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New tires and shocks....what a difference

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ptown_bogger

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: New tires and shocks....what a difference Reply with quote

Well I finally got some new tires and shocks installed on my 98' Cherokee today at work. I went with the 30.9.50R15 ProComp A/T's, and ProComp ES9000's. At first i thought the 30's might be too big, when i put them next to my old 235/75/15 they looked like giants. I figured i would have to trim, but I have the Upcountry Suspension and they fit like a glove! I even flexed it out a little bit on this dirt mound, no rubbing! The shocks took away all my body roll, and helped with the axle wrap i was having( it felt like being hit on the rear bumper, it still does it every now and then, but not like before!)

I think we fixed part of my front end knocking/grinding noise. On the passenger side of the tie rod, where that clamp is located, well it seemed to be rotated in the wrong direction and was wearing a groove in one of the bars (swaybar?draglink?) anyways we rotated it back the other way, and it seems as if the noise is eased.

Next step, change the diff fluid all the way around. Im SO GLAD I WENT WITH 30's! I'm going to the Pismo Beach Oceano sand dunes in San Luis Obisbo in a few weeks, and the added flotation of the bigger tire is gonna be sweet!!! I hope everyone is doing well. Its amazing what a new set of tires and shock can do for your jeep!!
Ptown_bogger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JUST THOGUHT YOU GUYS SHOULD KNOW Smile

UPCOUNTRY SUSPENSION AND 30'S WORK PERFECTLY FINE UNDER FULL FLEX! NO RUBBING AT ALL
disorder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you got any pics? i'm trying to see the best tire/lift/shock combos that would work good for my '98 two door xj. figure seeing what you all run and in what terrian conditions would help.
ehirner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ptown_bogger wrote:
JUST THOGUHT YOU GUYS SHOULD KNOW Smile

UPCOUNTRY SUSPENSION AND 30'S WORK PERFECTLY FINE UNDER FULL FLEX! NO RUBBING AT ALL

Stop yelling.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: