Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New GC any good?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gman086

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: New GC any good? Reply with quote

So far I have heard nothing but bad about the new GC and it's time for me to get a new vehicle. I've owned a '93 and an '02 and love the GC but the new one I hear has the spare UNDER the vehicle? And is layed out poorly? What's the scoop? Right now I'm ready to buy my '02 from my company and go with a Chrysler 300 for a company car unless someone here persuades me otherwise! Pros and cons of the new GC please! Especially interested in it's off-road capabilities. I'd have to get the 6 (which I understand is now a V-6???) because it's a company car but the inline 6 always did well for me. The more I read the more I hate the new GC! Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

G MAN
Bishops Finger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The handbrake is terribly cheap looking...
Delt1c

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For nearly 6 months now we have been looking for a replacement for our trusty, reliable and torquie Frontera 2.2 RS. The replacement vehicle had to be diesel, auto, at least intelligent 4x4, kerb weight at least 1850kg and a minimum torque figure of 270kn. We tried all the 4x4's in our criteria and the only ones to make the grade were the Grand Cherokees which was surprising as we hadn't considered Grand Cherokees before.
About 4 weeks ago we saw an advert from a main dealer for an 03 plate Grand Cherokee and decided to give it a look. On arrival whilst waiting for the sales we had a look at the New 3.0 GC and it did look nice. So out of curiosity we decided to have a test drive, it was no contest the 2.7 was quickly removed from our list and replaced by the GC 3,0 Ltd. Took a few weeks of searching the web for the right car at the right price but we managed to find what we were looking for an 05 3.0CRD with SAT Nav, 6 CD changer at a good price. Of we went to the dealer to test drive it like the 1st test drive it was adream to drive, so much power and Torque, almost no engine or road noise and a very comfortable driving position.
Only downside is the handbrake which you have to stretch to and does feel a bit flimsy (but haven't heard of anyone having any problems with them) definitely a lovely car and a vast improvement over the last model. Just got to get the tow bar fitted and cant wait to see how she pulls the caravan.
Give your local dealer a call and take one of the new models for a test drive I am sure you will be surprised.
Renegadestang

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you located? Wish our Grand Cherokees could come with diesels...

1981 Jeep CJ-7 Renegade: 307-4V SBC, SR-4 4-spd., 31x10.5 Wild Spirit's

1966 Ford Mustang: 289-4V, C4 Auto.
Delt1c

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Situated in England. Had a look at the 4.7 & 5.7 V8's, but with the diesel delivering 218hp , 510of torque and 0 - 60 in 9 seconds there seemed little benifit in the petrol lumps. Added to which the diesel returns 27mpg.
Jeep Iceland

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree those 05' 06' diesel GC's kick ass but they cost a shitload of money over here at least well over $70.000 shock Confused
I'll just keep on driving my 96' GC with it's 11mpg rofl
1976 Trans Am
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/531601
jeepejeep

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:00 am    Post subject: I like mine Reply with quote

I bought an '05 Laredo with the 4.7 last Aug. and so far it's great. I had a '93 before this one and it was great also, lasted 150,000 miles and still running pretty good when I sold it.
The new one has a few things that bother me like the tires. They need to be a little bigger and more agressive but I'll fix that when these get worn. The hand break does seem flimsy but it really isn't. My biggest gripe is the thick "A"pillars that block your view when turning. You get used to being careful and really looking before you turn but I don't know why they are so wide.
It handles great, rides amazing and the 4.7 has good power. Do NOT get the 6cyl. as it does not have the power to pull this 4,600 lb. Jeep. I'd say go for it. Good truck so far. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: