Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BODY LIFT INSTALATION? HOW HARD?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EVANLA_33

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: BODY LIFT INSTALATION? HOW HARD? Reply with quote

I was wanting to put a 1" or 2 body lift. How much time am I looking at & do u have to lift the hole cab?
ehirner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: BODY LIFT INSTALATION? HOW HARD? Reply with quote

EVANLA_33 wrote:
I was wanting to put a 1" or 2 body lift. How much time am I looking at & do u have to lift the hole cab?

Well you certain can't lift only part of it. It would be unlevel. Very Happy

A 1" BL isn't bad at all. The taller BLs create more work because of the other parts that usually need lengthening, like fuel filler hoses, vent hoses, wiring, steering column issues, etc. I'd recommend a 1" BL.

Loosen all the bolts. Remove one side and the front bolt (it's centered). Lift the body and install new pucks with longer bolts. Repeat on other side of vehicle. Lock-tite and tighten all the bolts as directed by your kit.
EVANLA_33

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats what I was wondering if I had to take the cab off. Sounds like it will be a lot easyer this way. How much time am I looking at if the bolts come out easy?
ehirner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EVANLA_33 wrote:
Thats what I was wondering if I had to take the cab off. Sounds like it will be a lot easyer this way. How much time am I looking at if the bolts come out easy?

Time depends on the height. Like I said, taller body lift = more stuff to do = more time to install.

IF the bolts come out easy, you could do a 1" BL in less than an hour or two. Key word is "if". I think you've got a YJ...that means it is older and less likely to have the body mount bolts come out easy.
EVANLA_33

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to go with a 1" & so far bolts have been good to me on this 87yj. I live in Alberta where there is no salt on the roads. Thanks for the info!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Tech All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: