Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rear Axel Leak

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bogdanbutur

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Rear Axel Leak Reply with quote

i got a 00 WJ , and my rear axel is leaking on one side. more exact the right wheel in the back, is leaking, would that be a bad seal? i think its leaking from the seal, the outer one. i see small dripping behind the brake rotor on the back side of the wheel. Should i get it taken care right away,? is it something that is crucial?
scorpio_vette

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does that have drum brakes in the back??? if it does, then it could also be a leaking wheel cylinder. either way you should replace it ASAP. if it's brake fluid, then you could loose the rear brake. not to mention it'll get all over the brake shoes.

if it's the axle seal, then you'll gradually loose gear oil and overheat your rear diff. and not to mention it'll get all over the brake shoes.

if the break shoes get soaked up enough with either, you'll need a brake job.
________
vapir no2 vaporizer

Last edited by scorpio_vette on Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bogdanbutur

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: leak Reply with quote

its in the shop as we speak. i still haave part of the extended waranty i got it with so they are fixing it. that sucks tho. anyway, i got disc brakes in the back, i gues i was lucky i had to change my oil, and the oil place spoted it in time, so. woo it was a 250 bux repair. as they quoted, but its all covered by waranty :0
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: