Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wow, broke 1/2 inch drive!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
srb96bravo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Wow, broke 1/2 inch drive!! Reply with quote

I was in the process of trying to take of my drivers side axle nut, and well, after about 500 ftlbs worth of work with a breaker bar, I was about tot ry heating it a bit, then pop. I thought at first i got it finally, then the ratchet handle just went all the way to the ground. sheared the head right off. "i swear i was not standing on the breaker bar" It was craftsman so it has the warranty, I thought they might ask how i broke a 1/2in drive, but nope. brand new tool Very Happy Very Happy
p_2_biking

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the same problem with trying to get a lugnut off of a tire...still isnt off lol gunna get it burned off eventaully lol
scorpio_vette

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i broke a giant 1/2" breaker bar trying to get my pitman arm off once. i was sitting down with my legs against the axle and pulling the breaker bar with both arms when i snapped the head clear off. it hit me in the chest so hard i thought i had actually punctured myself.

guess i should quit lifting weights. LOL

anyways, learn from that mistake and start making friends with big and powerfull air tools.
________
volcano classic vaporizer

Last edited by scorpio_vette on Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
p_2_biking

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i have a 275 lbs torque air gun but its just not enough....came with a kit...gunna get the 500 when i can afford it lol
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've broken more hand tools than I care to rememeber...break bars, ratchets, sockets, pullers, wrenches....Sears hates to see me comin'. rofl

Moving this to Gen B.S. since it's not really tech....almost, but not really. Wink

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
srb96bravo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, broke the new 1/2 I just got as a replacement rofl , off to get another....(did get the nut off finally)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General BS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: