Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

92 XJ Keyless Entry Remote

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ricko70

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: 92 XJ Keyless Entry Remote Reply with quote

Anyone know where is the keyless entry module is located on a 92XJ ?
Got my build sheet and it said it was built with one so I will try to find a remote (somewhere) and see if it will work.
I'll do a search and see if I can find how to recode it if and when I get a remote.
Thanks --Rick
jppilot61

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the sensor is on roof above rearview mirror. I think part of circuitry is there too. I have a 92 Cherokee as well. I can't get mine to work either and have meant to look into it.

I will look up in my FSM and get back to you but I am heading out the door this morning for weekend and won't be back until Tuesday of next week!

1992 XJ Laredo
RE6130 4.5" XJ Super-Flex Kit
RE1801 Slip Yoke Eliminator Kit NP231
Ricko70

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, have fun---Rick
JeepinNH

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: remote locks Reply with quote

IMO you're better off buying an aftermarket one and adding it. It's a pretty easy install and you can get one that has remote start too. Even if you get the Chryco one to work you will not be happy with how close you are to the vehicle to lock/unlock it. If you go with a remote start get the T-harness too, makes life much easier. I personally like the Crimestopper ez-90. I put one in my XJ and another in my wife's Odyssey. The best part is one controller to unlock or start both cars and it works to 1000 feet.

Present: 99 Cherokee
Past: 86, 87 Cherokee; 94 Grand Cherokee
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: