Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

96 Jeep GC a/c recharge?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arkitek

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: 96 Jeep GC a/c recharge? Reply with quote

I have a 96 JGC 6cyl and my a/c does not work. Is it possible to recharge the system myself or is it required to take to a service dealership or local garage? I received a price of $99 to recharge the system and another $40-50 for the freon.

thanks.
quadna71

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi from up in dover. does the a/c work like its supposed too (other than no cold air)? meaning, does the compressor clutch engage like normal when you turn it on? if so then you can get away with buying one of the DIY kits from advanced, autozone, or pep boys. it will either be one very tall aerosol can w/hose/fitting/gauge attached to the top...or 2 to 3 smaller bottles with a separate hose/fitting/gauge assembly. they will have very easy to follow directions included to quickly have you putting out cold air in no time. oh, they range in price from $9.95 to $39.95 depending upon where you purchase them.
good luck!
chris (just recharged two of the jeeps and the honda last week)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: