Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Warn Bumpers

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> TJ Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KnightFire

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap guys! Shocked

First, I know Jeremy personally (he's a most excellent friend and fellow Jeeper) and I've been giving him tidbits of advice for his Jeep, I also told him to check out our outstanding board, because everyone here is incredibly knowledgeable. Not like that other "non-mentioned" board, where all you get is wise ass comments/replies.

Was his reply to ehirner over the top? Yes, IMHO I think it was, but fellas c'mon, we have ALL been there, he is asking for HELP and OPINIONS on a specific item and was immediately slapped down after his very first post, not the type of welcome I got or have seen others get in the past.

I KNOW there have been MANY aftermarket parts I've purchased in the past and their installation instrucions SUCKED! I'm going to be helping him install these and asked him to post up here to see if anyone had any tips/tricks/possible pitfalls for the installation of the bumpers. I also advised him on his purchase of bumpers, for his trail use, budget constraints, and expectations I think it's a wise choice, but again that's only MHO...I'm sure he was looking for re-assurance from other/fellow Jeepers who have actual hands on experience with this particular product.

I know Jeremy felt that his back was against the wall immediately after asking for a bit of advice and help, he's a firey dude...so don't take his reply to heart, IMHO he's a great guy. I talked up the board a lot and he was expecting an entirely different greeting/response. I'm not condoning his reply to ehirner, just trying to explain it, at least how I see it...

Can we have a group hug or something? LOLOL

Jerm, give me a call this weekend and we'll git er done!

Amsoil Dealer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jplamontdc

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey man, i agree. i got fired up for no good reason. truth be told i had just came home from a bar and i was under the sauce. so you know...i will learn from it. don't post drunk.

as for all the knowledge, i'm sure you're right. lots of people=lots of experiences=lots of info for all of us. i will be nicer from here on out.
DozerDan
What the deuce?
What the deuce?

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I think he was right Eric is an asshole Finger but thats besides the point
jplamontdc

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks dean!! man, where the hell did you send me?
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this thread ready for OT yet? rofl

Real Jeeps dont wear Bra's
KnightFire

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhatWasIThinkin wrote:
is this thread ready for OT yet? rofl

Nope...it's done and in the past. Mr. Green

Amsoil Dealer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
qadhafi
Club Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn, and I thought that this was bad.

I'm starting to think that we REALLY need a newb FAQ on how not to piss people off. Mr. Green

Back from the Dead??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: