Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Jeep News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD Reply with quote

Auburn Hills, Mich, Jun 1, 2006 - Chrysler Group will announce today its plans to produce the first diesel-powered, full-size sport-utility vehicle (SUV) to be offered in the United States. The 2007 Jeep® Grand Cherokee with a 3.0-liter common rail turbo diesel (CRD) engine will arrive at Jeep dealerships in the first quarter of 2007.

“DaimlerChrysler is a leader in automotive diesel applications in Europe, and it makes sense to continue to build on that experience by offering a modern, clean diesel for the U.S. market,” said Craig Love, Vice President -- Rear-Wheel-Drive Product Team, Chrysler Group. “The Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel will offer consumers increased fuel economy, class-leading torque, towing and driving range.”

The new 3.0-liter CRD engine, built by Mercedes-Benz, produces 215 hp (160 kW) @ 3800 rpm and 376 lb.-ft. torque (510 N•m) @ 1600-2800 rpm and gets an estimated fuel economy of 19 miles city and 23 miles highway. The 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD offers class-leading torque, outstanding towing capacity (7,400 lbs.), and class-leading driving range of approximately 425 miles. And, clean diesel technology improves fuel economy by up to 30 percent and has up to 20 percent fewer carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions. The 3.0-liter CRD engine will be available on the Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, Limited and Overland models.

Full Article and Photos
Lowrider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely need one o' dem diesels for my Wrangler. Razz

2006 Wrangler Unlimited
1997 Cherokee Sport 2WD
ehirner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

19/23mpg....that's pretty crappy. Not enough to make me jump for one.
ODAMO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: awesome torque Reply with quote

215 HP, & 376 lbs/ft Torque at 1600 rpm ! That sounds like the perfect engine for an Unlimited Rubicon. As long as they don't charge $5000 for the option. I think it only makes the Unlimited Rubi that much more appealing. Picture a Rubi with this engine and a 4" lift with 35s---UNSTOPABLE.
Brockton Jeep

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Green I Can not wait to get one Because It will be a huge improvement over the 4.7 HO as far as torque is concerned and Torque is what moves that load down the highway fo shizzle
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Washington, D.C., Jan 23, 2007 - Chrysler Group announced today at the Washington Auto Show pricing for its first diesel-powered, full-size sport-utility vehicle (SUV) to be offered in the United States. The 2007 Jeep® Grand Cherokee with a 3.0-liter common rail turbo diesel (CRD) engine will begin to arrive at Jeep dealerships in March.

* Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x2 $38,475 (including $695 destination)
* Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 $41,715 (including $695 destination)
* Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x2 $41,960 (including $695 destination)
* Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 $45,395 (including $695 destination)

Full Story
Lowrider

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to have that engine in my Wrangler.

2006 Wrangler Unlimited
1997 Cherokee Sport 2WD
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Jeep News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: