Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

95 Jeep Grand Larado bucking and sputtering intermitently

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobsspike

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: 95 Jeep Grand Larado bucking and sputtering intermitently Reply with quote

95 Jeep Grand larado 5.2 V8 replaced:fuel filter,plugs, and repaired vac leaks. I drive about 280 miles in one trip and I lose all acceleration and I start bucking and sputtering until I pull over and let the car cool. at this time: I have had the air conditioning on for the entire trip. The engine light does not come on. The engine is at normal operation temp. I have 1/4 of gas left in the tank. all runs fine untill the long trip. this has happend in very hot weather from OK to TX. 95 degrees and high humidity. any ideas would be greatly appreciated. This has happend going to TX and coming back. Maybe its because I am in the longhorn state. Yeah thats got to be it. Go Sooners
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap... Thats a new one.. But check all your temp sensors and your air charge temp sensor. (Thats on the front of the passenger side at the top..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
raytech

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like your motor might be getting tired. It is possible that you bearings are tightening up as the motor heats
bobsspike

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:29 am    Post subject: OK I think I have the answer from a friend. but! Reply with quote

Well I can not check this without the cash for a new pump. He said that it is the pump motor over heating in the tank and causing it to seize in the pump itself. It would be good if it would just die so you will know that is it. but without a normal break fix problem it is so intermitent that he cant pin point it. I have noticed that if I fill the tank up right when it happens that it seems fine for a while. I think I have a over heating pump. how strange, I could have sworn it was because I was in the long horn state. A OU jeep cant take being out of its native state of OK. Thanks for the help
redzjon31's

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the O2 sensor mine was bucking and sputtering also and i replaced the O2 sensor and it hasnt done it since and sometimes the check engine light would come on it was very weird
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: