Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Air locker or Electronic locker

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TJ Apex

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Air locker or Electronic locker Reply with quote

I have come to the realization that I need a Locker in the rear, I know of ARB, but now someone makes an Electronic locker.
I like the idea of the electronic locker, seems to me that you don’t need the air pump, air lines and all the other hoopla that goes with it.
Has anyone heard of or know anyone that has one of the new ZOOT lockers and how much they are?

Ya see, my Brother just bought a ‘06 LR3 (it’s a Land Rover) and he was able to go over some opposing whoopties that I couldn’t, and that just flat out PISSES ME OFF!
Although he did spend $55 grand for it…
By the way, when you say Land Rover, you must tilt your head back slightly and say it with a British accent to get the right affect. Land Rover…ooooh, now doesn’t that sound more impressive?

02' Apex Edition,
2" BB, 31" BFG AT's
okjeeper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had same idea about going with friend who had jeep with trak-loc posi. Was some places I could not go. I did not like the way his lockers made some noise and tire wear. I looked for somthing else. I have dana 44 in rear. I installed Eaton Elocker. I works just like open rear end so that everyday drive is normal but when I need to go tough places I can lock solid and go. So far I have had no problems with the Elocker. Was fairly easy to install. I did have to grind on the tabs that hold Emagnet to get carrier to set down in case but that was all. Has work great!! I am now installing dana 44 in front and have another Elocker for front. The biggest problem I find with the Eaton is that availibilty seems to be a problem. I got my first Elocker within 2 days of ordering but the next time I was told by many companies they did not have any. I made several calls until I found the right place to supply Elockers. Should have it by tomorrow (tues). Now have to get everything together.
TJ Apex

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. I really don't want to go with a "standard" type locker. My brother also has a scout that has a detroit locker and when he accelerates it pulls to one side and when he lets off the gas it pulls to the other side, that's not cool.

Eaton Elocker...I'll look that up

02' Apex Edition,
2" BB, 31" BFG AT's
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: