Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Our Jeeps

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
quadna71

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

made some headway on the lights today. went with twin ovals on each side, oval whites that'll be mounted below the tailgate (thanks for the tip, erik), and a wide 3rd light. need to finish up cutting the back-up holes, running those wires. and putting a stock rear bumper on it. my bumper/carrier is going on her jeep (her stock carrier can't carry her new 35"s....and my spare is going in the tub) and a buddy is finishing up a basic bumper with a receiver for mine. looks like i'll be needing some 3/4" spacers for the front...the winch up there and no carrier in the back makes for a serious rake!
chris

Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great, what brand are those lights?
quadna71

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they were a package deal off of ebay. the seller had the red ovals...and when i contacted him he told me about the long 3rd light and white ovals. he packaged up all 7 lites and shipped them to me for around $90. sort of pricey but the white ones alone sometimes run that much. fun project to finally get done since i've been working on it forever!
chris (soldering little tiny wires in the relay sucked!)
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I missing something??? I only see lights on the passenger side, Is that the way you are leaving it??

I know here in La. you only need one brake light but I thought most other states you had to have both...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
quadna71

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha - that was halfway through. ended up with dual red ovals per side, strip led 3rd brake lite, and two white oval leds. i'll snap a pic when i get a chance to see the finished product.
chris
quadna71

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

new kicks - 315x75x16 KM2's. big thanks to hazmatoffroad.com - they got them when nobody else could (including tirerack, natltire, and a half dozen others) for a price that others were advertising on their nonexistent stock!

1fox2go

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice let me know how they hold up. I am interested in those, but want to make sure they are as tough as my TSLs
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, ditto on the need for a future review of them Mr. Green . Woulda got them had they been out when I bought my tires, but I guess I'll wait 'til the next set. You running Rubicon Moab's now?
quadna71

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i needed a 16" tire and these were available. i'm working on getting my wider flares put back on for inspection (only finished the left) and need to work on the rear lights some too. i don't have side marker lights since sinking my taillights. i also have new diff guards to install and and some new front back pads from vanco to try out. been sick as hell the past week though so things were put on a back burner for awhile. even her new hp30 is still just sitting on the trailer behind the house waiting to get finished. i have everything we need to finish it...just need to find the time!
chris

p.s. the new bfg's seem "stickier" than the older KM ones...hopefully the treadlife is still what it used to be.
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks Good!
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quadna71 wrote:

p.s. the new bfg's seem "stickier" than the older KM ones...hopefully the treadlife is still what it used to be.

Yeah, from what I've been reading up on them, they seem to be a more of a daily driver friendly version of the Krawlers...completely different tire, not just the 'next gen' MT.
quadna71

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just an quick update on the wifey's jeep. we installed her 8.8 installed a while back and after a lengthy wait it looks like the front axle is just about finished. we found an HP30 that had never been off-road, stripped it down, and started building it up from there. new 4.56 gears to match the 8.8, a lockright to compliment the rear LS, mike green skids for the lower control arm mounts, currie's johnny joint kit for both upper mounts, new ball joints, axletube seals, new diff cover/guard (putting on after the 500 mile flush), and a new coat of hammered black paint to match the rear axle as well. i'm hoping to get it all swapped into her jeep during my christmas break...so maybe we'll finally get back into some rocks in the next month or so!

click on pic to see more

quadna71

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

our jeeps

mine at RC yesterday

fuzzy59

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the rear lights btw. How did you end up making out with those MTR's?
quadna71

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks - so far i haven't seen too many jeeps with lights like mine (trying to have at least ONE thing original). i took the MTR's off last fall and am running BFG KM2's right now - they seemed to grab okay this past weekend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Photo Album All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: