Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tj Electrical Issue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grndzer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:19 am    Post subject: Tj Electrical Issue Reply with quote

Ok, I get in my 97 tj this morning and try to start it, It acts like the battery is dead, but I cant see how it could be. No prob right its a standard I let it roll down the yard and pop the clutch it fires right up.

everything seems to be cool driving down the road until I try to turn on the heat, I turned the fan on the motor dies shutting it back off revives the motor at 50 mph this was a little freaky. Things seem to be ok when suddenly the check gauges light comes on and I look at the voltage and it is pegged The voltage is suddenly way too high. I pull the jeep over and shut it off. I looked under the hood to make sure my alternator is not about to catch fire. Everything looks ok, I try to start it again and it still does not want to start but it does. I noticed my radio has lost its time and all the radio settings.

I drop my wife off a work and go to my work, shut the jeep off and check the codes 12 and 55 nothing to help me there. I try to start it again and it fires right up.

First thing that crossed my mind was voltage regulator but why it quit doing it after while I dont have a clue. Any one got some advice?
IBTJn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replace your battery cables (both) to start. The ground cable especially is prone to corrosion after time. This would hold true to most any vehicle. Start with the simple stuff first is what I would do.

Wink
Grndzer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: