Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VA4WDA 14th Poker Run

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> FM2CD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StreetDoc

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: VA4WDA 14th Poker Run Reply with quote

Here's a few photos from the Poker Run, we had a great time even with large groups. The ground was wet in a lot of places, strap and winch heaven Mr. Green

Steve posing on a rock

Susan headed up CJ-5 Hill

My new found height

Somebody on the Run with a little to much flex

Those that slept in late missed the sunrise

DEFINITION OF A VETERAN A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
jppilot61

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HERE'S HOMER! (Easy Line? rofl )

ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those that weren't there, here's the background:

I had told Mark on Thursday night that I wasn't gonna wheel very hard and was gonna take bypasses around the more difficult stuff (my reasoning at the time was that I just got it fixed, Rausch Creek is in 2 weeks and I still haven't regeared). Well, once I got out there and wheeled it for awile, that changed...

The following is based on Marks account of what happened: So there's Mark back in line on trail 2 wondering what the holdup is. He meanders to the front of the line, looks up and sees my Jeep, with a busted back window, teetering on the edge of rolling with 2 or 3 guys hanging off my roof rack for ballast while David and Harvin are hastily rigging for a winch pull.

I've been catching (well deserved) shit from Mark ever since.... rofl

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jppilot61

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW !

He took that better than I thought he would!

1992 XJ Laredo
RE6130 4.5" XJ Super-Flex Kit
RE1801 Slip Yoke Eliminator Kit NP231
HEMIjer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a Great Time and nice meeting some new people and Oak Ridge amazed me as I heard it was mostly "Trail Riding". I have never been on trails where so many winchs and straps got put to use.

I have no damage to report other then some rocker dents but it was one of the funnest weekends I have had wheeling. Definetly plan to make it a yearly event.

Big Thanks to Trevor for inviting me and hooking me up with his spot, be sure to reserve m own next time and plan to Camp Sat. Night as well.
majikxms

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve is braggin' about it...I told him he needs to stick to the plan!!! rofl
Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEMIjer wrote:
Had a Great Time and nice meeting some new people and Oak Ridge amazed me as I heard it was mostly "Trail Riding". I have never been on trails where so many winchs and straps got put to use.

I have no damage to report other then some rocker dents but it was one of the funnest weekends I have had wheeling. Definetly plan to make it a yearly event.

Big Thanks to Trevor for inviting me and hooking me up with his spot, be sure to reserve m own next time and plan to Camp Sat. Night as well.

What you should do Jerico is join the club!! The entrance fee to the poker run for non VA4WDA members is like twice of what it is for VA4WDA members.

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
HEMIjer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you should do Jerico is join the club!! The entrance fee to the poker run for non VA4WDA members is like twice of what it is for VA4WDA members.[/quote]

I plan on joining, discussed it with Trevor some, I would just do it this weekend at the meeting however I will be at the Redskins Game. I can just meet you at work sometime soon and give you the dues then and I am sure I will get filled in on whatever else I need to know throughout the year.
Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COOL. Ya, we can meet up some time for dues. I can't remember if there is an application to fill out. I'll let Steve talk to that. As for keeping appraised of what's what, stop by here on a regular bases. We keep a schedule and discuss up and coming events and what not.

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea. The application is really just to capture the info we (and VA4WDA, UFWDA, etc) need for membership. You can actually shoot em a PM with name, mailing address, phone # and email address.

Also keep in mind that our dues to VA4WDA are due at the end of October, so it would be best to get Jen the money before then so your name will be on the roster when we submit it.

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> FM2CD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: