Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'05 Grand Cherokee vibrating horribly at IDLE...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gohawks3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: '05 Grand Cherokee vibrating horribly at IDLE... Reply with quote

...And JEEP themselves don't know what is wrong with it! I'm taking it in for the 5th time tonight and they still don't know what is going on.

Basically, when I am at idle or ever so slightly letting off the brakes to creep forward, the vehicle vibrates uncontrollably. It's as if it wants to jerk forward or take off.

They've hooked it up to the computer every time and nothing ever shows up as being 'out of parameter'. Two weeks ago, they recommended a tune-up (I'm at 32K miles), so I went ahead and paid for it. In fact, they said they were 99% sure that would fix it...Nope! I finally talked to one of the big managers at the dealership today and he took it for a test drive with me. He said MOST new Jeeps do this now - it's just how the engine is. I didn't buy it, so I'm taking it back in.

So far, they've checked:

If the cylinders are mis-firing
the brakes
the tranny
the fuel injector
they've even updated the software in the vehicle to see if that would help

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? If so, can you please assist? If not, what should my next steps be with the dealership? It's still under warranty and I've been there 5 times in the past month - with them telling me it's fixed every single time!

Thanks all for your help.
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would try another dealership... Or test drive another Jeep thats the same and see if it does it...

IF the second one doesnt do the same I would try to take the one you have back and swap for the other... Mr. Green

It might be some kind of problem with the tranny .. That would make me very nervous those trannys are $$$$$$$$$$$$...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rhiggs26

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar problem when I took my 2000 JGC in for bad vibration. My whole jeep would be vibrating and it sounded terrible. It wouldn't do it all of the time but it bothered me when it did it some of the time when I had just purchased the thing. After 6 times of going to the dealership they finally figured out that the radiator fan clutch was bad and out of balance and replaced it. that cleared up my problem and it hasn't vibrated since. I have had to replace the fan clutch again because those idiots didn't install it correctly the first time. NEVER BUY A USED JEEP FROM A ROSENTHAL ACURA DEALERSHIP!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: