Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stock Rims?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:09 am    Post subject: Stock Rims? Reply with quote

I am considering slightly (note slightly) wider tires on my current rims. Right now I have p215/75 r 15 wrangers on there, how much bigger can I go before changing rims? It's not a neccesity but I notice some local Jeep clubs require 30" or better and if I decide to try one of them might be better if I know what I can do before I go tire hunting... yeah yeah I know, already making changes, but I'm not really, just checking Wink
Arty155

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am running 30 x 9.5 x 15 on the stock 15 x 7 rim. You should be able to run that just fine without switching to a different rim. Now my question to you is, do you want more width or more height? Your 215 tires are about 8.5" wide and almost 28" high (closer to 27.75"). If you go with the tire size I have you will get both width and height.
Jeff
JCA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx, that sounds about perfect. I read on at least one local club site they require a minimum of 30 inches but I also wanted something wider (my tires just seem too thin) but with the cost of the tires I don't want to have to spend too much, especially if I can't get out and play much. I also have a few other things that they would require like a fire extinguisher and tow rope (no metal ends) to get. I don't disagree with the purchases because they do sound like safe ideas... and then later if I do get to play over time I can get the winches and lifts and stuff...
tregora

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: my tire size Reply with quote

i am currently running 31x10.5r15 khumo m/t's on my 15x8 rims. they fit on the rims fine but i had to use 1.25in wheel spacers in order to clear the front swaybar at full turn. i got my tires from jegs for $96 a peice with free three day shipping.
IBTJn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't tell by that dinky little avatar you have, but if you are running the Canyon rims you should be able to run 31x10.5's without any problem. Or so was the case with my TJ when it was stock. Those rims and tires are now on the wife's XJ (below).

Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: