Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hard top alignment

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tregora

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: hard top alignment Reply with quote

hi,
i recently rolled my tj once over in a snow storm. a local body shot did the repairs and a new factory hardtop was installed. now several months later i have noticed that the dirvers sid door is rubbing against the hardop about the middle of the window. i get it in place so that it seems like the door gap is the same on the divers side and the pasenges side, bolt it down and then as soon as i close the whindsheild claps it closes the gap on the divers side and starts rubbing again. it is quite erritating as my brand new hardtop and door are all scrapped up. anyone know a good way to make it so the gap stays consistent. any help would be aprecieated. thanks
-adrian
ehirner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loosen the bolts and undo the windshield clamps. Push the hardtop as far back as possible. Tighten the bolts. Apply the clamps.
tregora

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: frustration Reply with quote

thanks for the idea i was able to give that a try and it stopped rubbing for a couple of days and after a short trail ride it started to do it again. i was looking at getting a hardtop seal kit from quadratec to see if it would help keep it in place but i wasnt sure if it would interfere with my new pavement ends softop that is in transit or if it would make a difference. thanks.
-adrian
ehirner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the seal kit will make a difference. Crank the bolts down a little more next time to hold the top from moving.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: