Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need Some Basic Bumper Help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EdN

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Need Some Basic Bumper Help Reply with quote

Howdy! I'm an idiot. I backed into a concrete post today and put a nice dent in the back of my 1998 Jeep Cherokee bumper. I'd probably have left it alone and made up a story about an off road incident but for the fact that I can't open my tailgate due to the deformation of the bumper.

Sooo, I ordered a new rear bumper and plan to do the replacement by myself. Is this going to be easy? Can anyone give me some tips or step-by-step, or at least a list of no-no's, so I don't do anything else stupid? I'll be attempting this with hand tools.

I'd really appreciate it any help or suggestions you can offer.

Thanks,
Ed

(I'm a Jeep guy through and through -- been driving one or another model since I was 16 (now 40). Popped my cherry with a CJ-7, went through two different Wranglers, and then on to the 98 XJ when I needed more space for passengers and canine companions.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: