Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any computer nerds out there??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Any computer nerds out there?? Reply with quote

I bought a Tablet a while back and I am trying to connect a USB DVD player to it Does anyone know if the USB will power a DVD player or will I have problems with it...

Pics just for the hell of it..

I already bought it so I guess Iwill answer my own question in a few days when it gets here.. But was just hoping someone had some info before it got here..

Its a Gateway M1200 Notebook

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Drake69

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a Compaq PC1000 Tablet and I wouldn't push it on the USB port. It barely runs my USB external harddrive. I'd recommend sticking it off another DC/AC outlet, which I'm assuming you'll be using this in the ZJ, correct? It's not like it's gonna burn up anything if you try to run it off that port; it'll either run too slow to use or not work at all.

kygreenyj

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will either run perfectly, run slow (maybe only CD's no dvd's), or not run at all. All usb devices run off of 5v 500ma, or so they are supposed to. Chances are the drive will run pretty close to that. Make sure it is plugged directly into the tablet, no un-powered hubs. Let me know if you have any questions about running this in a vehicle.

06 Ford Escape Hybrid

03 KLR 650
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using it for work right now but I want to use it in the Jeep to entertain my daughter on trips and such..

It works wonderfully for what I bought it for...

I will let you know how it works in a few days..

Carl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SpadeJeep

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: tablets Reply with quote

not sure, but tablets are awesome. Especially if you use photoshop or other 2d illustrating programs. Nice buy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General BS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: