Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'99 WJ Fuel Pump

View previous topic :: View next topic  
egohavoc

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:58 am    Post subject: '99 WJ Fuel Pump Reply with quote

Hello guys..

My WJ has been having some problems. When my engine goes to a slight idle it "turns off". It doesn't do it all the time but it sort of has a mind of it's own. If I let off the gas and let coast, or even sometimes at a stop my engine goes to 0RPM and I have to turn it off and restart it. On the highway if it does it I can let it coast for a few seconds and it usually starts back up. I'm not exactly sure what it's doing. I left it w/ a mechanic for a week and it never quit for them.

The say they are 90% sure it's the fuel pump. They also say it's $1,200 to fix. (fuel pump and to clean the fuel pump relay i think)

Is this fair? Can I fix this myself, and if so how much does that cost?

If I can fix it myself how do I get started?

Thanks,
Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: