Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

creaking sound from underneath

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xjcherokee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: creaking sound from underneath Reply with quote

gotta problem. when i drive over speed bumps, or anything that cause weight to be transfered (turning, goin up and down slanted ground) there is a loud creaking sound (the kind of sound like on a wood floor) any help would be appreciated! anyone think they know what it is?
JeepinNH

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

front? back? side? I have a door that creaks and in the front the sway bar rubs on the frame on certain angles which makes a scraping type noise. I think I need new bushings.

Present: 99 Cherokee
Past: 86, 87 Cherokee; 94 Grand Cherokee
xjcherokee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like its comin from the right front tire, and also when i go over speed bumps its only when the front tires go over it, not the rear and it sounds liek its comin from the passenger side
Joh's jeep

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Creaking noise Reply with quote

I had a similar thing with my 97 Cherokee Country, and I found that the plastic coating of the domelight switch (driver's side door opening) was missing. The metal of the switch "scratched" on the door with every weight shifting resulting in body torsion. I put some lube on the switch and the sound was gone....
Your problem may be more serious than that, but the noise produced by this switch was pretty amazing considered the simple cause.... ....so you may check into this anyways.

Best,
Johannes
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: