Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Membership benifits?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> FM2CD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Membership benifits? Reply with quote

So in the course of trying to organize this club and get it off the ground, I'm now at the point of putting together a membership package and coming up with a dues structure. By setting a dues structure we would have a percentage of those dues go toward the website hosting (~$100 annually) and global club costs (see below), with a share of the money staying with the indivdual chapters for their operations.

This would allow us, as a club, to:

A) Become a part of national associations, like United Four Wheel Drive ($10 per member per year), Tread Lightly ($100 annually for the club), Blue Ribbon Coalition ($100 annually for the club), etc

B) Allow our individual chapters to belong to State associations

This would also serve make us more attractive to potential members, as well as helping us create more chapters. Towards this end, I am posing the following questions for y'all here:

1) What would you like to see in a membership package? I am thinking welcome letter, membership card and a sticker. Any other ideas?

2) Aside for the above listed affiliations, what else would you like to see the club do for it's members?

3) What would you like to get out of the club?

Discuss...

Steve

edit - I'm making this thread a sticky, so it's always at the top...at least for now.

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Last edited by ThePhantum on Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
qadhafi
Club Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve- I'm working on shirts and stickies, should have them in my hand sometime next week. We can post them here or on the site, or both.

Back from the Dead??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Y2K-XJ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all $100.00 is very extreme for such a small club(I deffinatly wouldn't pay it) My website and forum only costs me $39.00 anualy, and my brother in law is in the vinyl graphics buisness so I get stickers for mere pennies.the only real dues are for the club recognition w/ and tread lightly,etc... I am in only one club AZBackcountry that only charges $40.00 per year we get a monthly newsletter and 3 club stickers. thats it .and they are a recognized club. so if $100.000 is the fee I will only have maybe 2 members interested instead of 50 or so Whoo hoo. all my other clubs are absolutly Free. and they have hundreds of members that are very loyal. OK so heres my opinion : $50.00 anual fee,2 club stickers,2 tread lightly stickers, Lots of wheelin and a website/ BB that rocks .. people dont really care about all the other crap to be honest..
Rob B Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y2K-XJ wrote:
First of all $100.00 is very extreme for such a small club(I deffinatly wouldn't pay it) My website and forum only costs me $39.00 anualy, and my brother in law is in the vinyl graphics buisness so I get stickers for mere pennies.the only real dues are for the club recognition w/ and tread lightly,etc... I am in only one club AZBackcountry that only charges $40.00 per year we get a monthly newsletter and 3 club stickers. thats it .and they are a recognized club. so if $100.000 is the fee I will only have maybe 2 members interested instead of 50 or so Whoo hoo. all my other clubs are absolutly Free. and they have hundreds of members that are very loyal. OK so heres my opinion : $50.00 anual fee,2 club stickers,2 tread lightly stickers, Lots of wheelin and a website/ BB that rocks .. people dont really care about all the other crap to be honest..
Rob B Mr. Green

Thanks for the input! I think you misread the post though...we would NOT be charging $100 for membership. The website hosting currently costs ~$100 per year. It's actually a little less than that. It cost $112.54. That price included the domain registration (for 2 years) as well as 12 months of hosting. Plus we got 2 additional months free for paying up front...they were havng a promotion. Mr. Green So we are currently paid up through April 16, 2005...

It's $100 annually for the club to join Tread Lightly, $100 annually for the club to join BRC and $10 per member to join UFWDA. My thinking is along the same lines, $25 to $50 annually (i'd like to keep it at the low end of that). This would allow us to pay for the national memberships as well as the website hosting, while still allowing money left over for the local chapters to operate (state associations and/or offroad park fees and/or land access fees, etc.).

I would like to see it so members would get UFWDA, Tread Lightly, BRC and FM2CD stickers...as well as any state 4WD organization stickers.

Steve

Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Y2K-XJ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OHHHHHH I did didnt I. Im a jackass!!
that sounds better I forgot to mention Buisness cards to hand out whenever anyone asks about the club, Ive got cards from 3/5 clubs Im in...
Well count me in deffinatly for the AZ chapter!!!!!!!!!!!
Send me 2 stickers and a XL shirt if you can !! and I will get them on my rig and my back and get started in my recruiting and we will go from there...Twisted Evil
Let me know!!!!

Rob Bolin

***Address Removed***
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y2K-XJ wrote:
OHHHHHH I did didnt I. Im a jackass!!
that sounds better I forgot to mention Buisness cards to hand out whenever anyone asks about the club, Ive got cards from 3/5 clubs Im in...
Well count me in deffinatly for the AZ chapter!!!!!!!!!!!
Send me 2 stickers and a XL shirt if you can !! and I will get them on my rig and my back and get started in my recruiting and we will go from there...Twisted Evil
Let me know!!!!

Rob Bolin

***Address Removed***

Good call...I was actually thinking about business cards this morning! Creepy... Mr. Green

When Qad gets the shirts and stickers in I'm sure he'll do a post with all the info (including the pricing), but I'll drop you an email as well. Just let him know then what style and color you want.

I'll work on a basic design for cards (I'm thinking black cards with the red logo and white lettering) and post it by this weekend. I've started a new thread for business cards here. If you guys have design ideas post 'em up there (Qad, I know you love to play in MS Paint...go to town man!).

Rock On!

Steve

Quote:
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> FM2CD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: